Why fat blockers anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why fat blockers anymore?

So low fat diets are now considered bad for dieting. So is there a point to fat blockers?

I don't think that diets low in fat are bad for dieting and I think there is still plenty of good use for fat blockers. It's way better for you to have a diet low in bad fats (trans and saturated fats) not just for your waistline but also for your health. Where did you hear that low fat diets are bad for dieting?

Comment

I'm confused by this too. Since when are low fat diets considered bad for dieting? How can consuming less bad fats be bad for weight loss? I mean I don't think you should eliminate all of them cause you're likely to have a hard time sticking to your diet if it is too strict, but lowering your consumption has to be good for you, right? That said, I guess fat blockers wouldn't be good if you consume a diet that is too high in fat...
      Last edited by Tony1968; 12-06-2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post
        I don't think that diets low in fat are bad for dieting and I think there is still plenty of good use for fat blockers. It's way better for you to have a diet low in bad fats (trans and saturated fats) not just for your waistline but also for your health. Where did you hear that low fat diets are bad for dieting?
        I'm pretty sure that low fat diets have been 100% falsified. trans and saturated fats have to do with your overall health not your waistline

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

I'm pretty sure that low fat diets have been 100% falsified. trans and saturated fats have to do with your overall health not your waistline
          Really? That's fascinating! I was also under the impression that trans and saturated fats contribute to weight gain. So, are you saying then Bean that if I ate a bunch of deep fried fatty stuff that it would hurt my health but not cause weight gain?

Comment

fat has a lot of calories in it so you do have to be reasonable about how much you eat, but ya, I think low-fat diets are not recommended by doctors keeping up with the latest anymore

Comment

Working...
            X