Doing nothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing nothing

I'm curious about something regarding prescription weight loss pills. I know that obviously the only way to lose real weight is to modify your diet and exercise, and I understand that prescription diet drugs are designed to help make this process "easier". However, what I'm wondering is if I were to sit around all day and not really exercise or change my diet, would taking prescription diet pills drugs (either phentermine or orlistat) and doing nothing else lead to any weight loss at all?

I don't think so. If they did, it wouldn't be enough to show up on a scale. Also, it would be temporary since there would be no way to keep it off after you stop using the pills.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
      I don't think so. If they did, it wouldn't be enough to show up on a scale. Also, it would be temporary since there would be no way to keep it off after you stop using the pills.
      I agree. It honestly doesn't matter what you take, if you're not eating fewer calories and burning off fat through methods such as diet and exercise, you're not going to lose weight on any real scale. Just because a pill can make it easier to lose weight does not mean that it will magically work on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
        I'm curious about something regarding prescription weight loss pills. I know that obviously the only way to lose real weight is to modify your diet and exercise, and I understand that prescription diet drugs are designed to help make this process "easier". However, what I'm wondering is if I were to sit around all day and not really exercise or change my diet, would taking prescription diet pills drugs (either phentermine or orlistat) and doing nothing else lead to any weight loss at all?
        These prescriptions aren't even prescribed like that. When your doctor recommends them for you, you're told flat-out that you've got to exercise and especially stick to a diet. If you think about it, what difference is an appetite suppressant going to do for your belly fat if you're not doing anything different with what you eat, like eating less or eating foods that have lower calories? Nothing. Even fat burning isn't that powerful that you'll really lose weight fast or anything. It probably isn't even something you could measure on the scale unless you were changing your lifestyle along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
          That's what I was thinking. I mean it makes sense that they wouldn't do much on their own. I mean, even if they did, as you said, it would be temporary and would stop once you're off the pills, like a side effect. Also, it makes sense that a pill should only help you with the habits that you actually need to adopt and stick to naturally to help you lose and keep the weight off.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
            No. I mean, it would, but not enough that you would see it on a scale. Not even with the fat blockers. It really is just about helping out bigger efforts.

Comment

Working...
            X