How long do breaks have to be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long do breaks have to be

I’m just asking this question out of curiosity not because I”m taking any prescription diet drugs. I know a lot of the medications, like Phentermine, need you to take breaks to stop you from getting hooked and to make sure that the medication stays effective. How long do the breaks have to be?

I think that's a good question for your doctor. They'd know because they are the ones prescribing your the pills and monitoring you when you're on them. I also think the length of break likely depends on the individual. Some people may need a longer break than others depending on how they reacted to the pills and how long they were on them to start.

Comment

Oh I definitely know that I'd have to ask my doctor about it if i was actually planning to take the drugs, but I'm not. I was just asking out of curiosity. Is there a normal amount? Like, if everything goes right, does a person expect to be off them for a week? Or is it more like a month?

Comment

I'd say it's more likely that you'd be off them for at least a month or two to make sure that the drug is fully out of your system.

Comment

Holy cow, that's really inconvenient! I'd hate to have to do that. I'd gain all the weight back!

Comment

I hate to admit it, but I probably would end up gaining weight in the breaks, too.

Comment

Not the same with OTC, right?

Comment

Working...
              X