Where are the conflicts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the conflicts?

I don’t know if this is a question that anybody can answer, but please share if you know. Are there any kinds of medications that conflict with prescription diet pills? I’m not considering them for myself. I know that I’m not quite at a BMI that would qualify me for that, but I’m trying to learn more about them. Does anyone know?

I think there are some antidepressants that conflict

Comment

In addition to anti-depressants I think certain health conditions conflict, as well, such as cardiovascular disease, glaucoma, diabetes and other ones. I imagine that any medications you take for those health problems might conflict, too. I don't know that for sure, but that's what I'd guess.

Comment

I don't know what the case is for other prescription diet drugs, but in terms of Phentermine the drug conflicts are primarily MAO inhibitors and anti-depressants, such as Prozac, Lexapro, Zoloft etc. Essentially prescription drugs that are used to treat depression and other anxiety disorders. I believe it also can interact badly with diabetes medications, particularly insulin. It also shouldn't be taken in conjunction with other weight loss medications and (as ChristySmiles indicated) people with certain health conditions, like heart disease, shouldn't take it either.

Comment

Originally posted by TeensyTiff View Post
          I don't know what the case is for other prescription diet drugs, but in terms of Phentermine the drug conflicts are primarily MAO inhibitors and anti-depressants, such as Prozac, Lexapro, Zoloft etc. Essentially prescription drugs that are used to treat depression and other anxiety disorders. I believe it also can interact badly with diabetes medications, particularly insulin. It also shouldn't be taken in conjunction with other weight loss medications and (as ChristySmiles indicated) people with certain health conditions, like heart disease, shouldn't take it either.
          Wow, that's a really great and specific list, TeensyTiff. Thanks for all that information all in one place. That's really handy to know.

Comment

Thank you! That's a lot of very helpful information. It is definitely something to keep in mind. It's amazing how much conflict there is with things. You can never be too careful.

Comment

This is really good to know. All dieters should know this before using any weight loss pill

Comment

Working...
              X