tiny stationary bike pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tiny stationary bike pedals

Has anyone ever tried those things you can plunk on the floor in front of your couch and it looks like pedals for a stationary bike? If you just cycle from your couch while you watch tv, does it work?

Do they still make those? I remember seeing those a long time ago and wondering the same thing. Now I"m curious about them too. It'd be great to just stick one under my desk and work on the computer while pedalling away!

Comment

you're likely to burn a few calories using these and will definitely give your legs a workout, but it's not going to give you the same benefits as riding a bike or a stationary exercise bike. The main reason is that it won't provide you with the proper resistance to really help you work up a sweat and really burn calories and fat. So sure, as a way to increase your circulation and to burn off a few calories while you're sitting at your desk, go for it. If you're hoping it's going to help you lose weight in any real way, I wouldn't count on it.

Comment

I actually heard that this device isn't that bad. It's good for working out both your legs and your arms It's also really portable!

Comment

I haven't tired it. I know what you're talking about. My guess is that you wouldn't get much of a workout from it. I'm sure you'll burn a couple more calories if you pedal under your desk, but mostly I think it would help with circulation and maybe even improving range of motion. You might be able to build some muscle, too, depending on if this device has adjustable resistance. I don't think it would be stupid to buy one, as long as it's ultra-cheap and you can really see yourself doing it. Plus, if you are going to pedal under your desk, make sure that you've got enough room to raise your legs or you're going to be whacking your knees a lot hahaha.

Comment

I imagine that it's better than doing absolutely nothing but I really wouldn't think that you would be able to get an actual cardio workout from it like you would on a bike. So I'd say it's better than being sedentary but it's not going to make you lose weight.

Comment

I guess a lot depends on how hard you're pedalling

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
                I imagine that it's better than doing absolutely nothing but I really wouldn't think that you would be able to get an actual cardio workout from it like you would on a bike. So I'd say it's better than being sedentary but it's not going to make you lose weight.
                That's exactly what I think. It might be good for circulation and you might burn a few extra calories, but there's no way this is going to lead to any real weight loss.

Comment

I'd never even heard of those things until you pointed it out. THose things are hilarious! I guess they're better than nothing. It doesn't look like it's quite the same as a full sized bike. It just doesn't require you to make the same movements. THey're too small.

Comment

Working...
                  X