Ball exercises are fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball exercises are fun!

I just wanted to let everyone know that if you want to make your exercises a little more interesting try ball exercises! By ball exercises I mean incorporating that giant plastic ball you may or may not have seen online or on TV into your workouts. So far, in my experience, the ball has been very useful in helping me perform exercises more accurately and properly. It provides the body with some support too. That said, there is a right and a wrong way to use the ball, so you do need to learn certain safety precautions, but they're easy. Also, the equipment you need is inexpensive. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else is interested in adding a giant plastic colored ball to their exercises lol!

I agree! Ball exercises r fun...once u learn how 2 stay on the ball lol!

Comment

Haha, I don't know about ball exercises. Every time I see someone working out on one, all I envsion is me trying to do the same thing and sliding off the ball and landing on my rear every time lol! For me, these kind of exercises are an accident just waiting to happen . That said, I'm glad it works for you

Comment

Ball exercises are a lot of fun...once you get the hang of them. You feel like a dope for the first while so you ahve to have a really good sense of humor

I started using my exersise ball as a replacement for my desk chair at home, so whenever I'm working at my computer, i'm on the exercise ball so that my abs and my legs are always engaged. It isn't tiring but it makes a big difference over time.

Comment

Ball exercises are great ...as long as a black eye is the next big thing! I almost smacked my face on an end table. These things are far more dangerous than they look haha

Comment

LOL it's really not dangerous at all. If you're struggling, it means that you haven't developed your balance in a long time and it's very GOOD for you to practice on the ball. It works a lot of your muscles, works on your balance, and keeps you fit in areas you didn't even realize were possible through a simple inflatable ball.

Comment

Before you actually get started, you should know that there are lots of different sizes so depending on what you want to do, you need to pick the right one.

Comment

This sounds interesting. Is there a certain type of ball you should get? I imagine it would have to be one to support your weight. Does it come already inflated or do you have to do that?

Comment

Firefly77, you can usually find exercise/stability balls at your local fitness or sports stores. Even some major department stores sell them. You can also purchase them online. They do come deflated and you need to make sure they are inflated properly.

Comment

Thanks ChristsSmiles! That's pretty much what I wanted to know. I'm going to go exercise bal shopping this weekend I think.

Comment

You're welcome, Firefly77. I hope you find success with it

Comment

Working...
                      X