Zero motivation to exercise when the weather is cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero motivation to exercise when the weather is cold

As soon as the weather gets cold, I have no motivation to exercise at all. All that energy I had to do stuff in the summer is completely sucked out of me. What do I do? I can't go all winter without moving but I can't seem to get myself moving. I really don't like going out when it's bitterly freezing out.

Maybe if you don't want to go outside you need to find ways to exercise inside. Get yourself some kind of exercise machine, if you can afford it. If not, then get an exercise video (you can even find free ones on YouTube) to help you get moving around your home. There's lots of ways to stay fit, whether you're outside or not and for any budget. Just remember that exercising when you don't feel motivated also requires a little tough love on your part. Sometimes even though we don't feel like doing something, we just need to do it.

Comment

I recommend getting a dance video! You can do it indoors and it's a lot of fun and a little something different. You might find that it cheers you up and puts a little spring in your step! Don't let the cold weather blues get you down Also, Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post
        I recommend getting a dance video! You can do it indoors and it's a lot of fun and a little something different. You might find that it cheers you up and puts a little spring in your step! Don't let the cold weather blues get you down Also, Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!!
        Happy Thanksgiving!
        If you start your day with a short yoga workout - even just 10 to 15 minutes - you might find you have more motivation to move around during the rest of the day. Even if it's just a matter of a couple of brisk walks. Once you get outside, you might feel different. After the initial cold, the fresh air and movement feels good.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

Happy Thanksgiving!
          If you start your day with a short yoga workout - even just 10 to 15 minutes - you might find you have more motivation to move around during the rest of the day. Even if it's just a matter of a couple of brisk walks. Once you get outside, you might feel different. After the initial cold, the fresh air and movement feels good.
          I agree. Once you get outside and start moving, it's not so bad. I know that the motivation to put your warm stuff on and get out there can be hard at times, but you gotta be the boss of you and just do it. Don't give yourself any excuses. Make a mix of music you like and get out there!

Comment

Originally posted by TracyK View Post

I agree. Once you get outside and start moving, it's not so bad. I know that the motivation to put your warm stuff on and get out there can be hard at times, but you gotta be the boss of you and just do it. Don't give yourself any excuses. Make a mix of music you like and get out there!
            That's pretty true. It's a pain to get ready and go out. Once you're out there and the initial chill starts to wear away, It can be pretty great. Don't go out with the mindset that the weather is bad. Go out with the mindset of the weather being the weather and you're just taking part in it.

Comment

Working...
            X