Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is walking in snow like walking in sand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is walking in snow like walking in sand?

I know lots of people who head to the beach in the morning in the summer to walk on the sand for more of a workout. I have snow on my sidewalk during the winter (not yet, but it's coming haha). Is that the same thing? Do I have a beach-free winter sand walk right outside my door for a couple of months every year?

I would say yes! In fact, I think you would get an even bigger workout with snow. Not only can it provide the same resistance as sand, but you typically have to wear more clothing because snowy weather tends to be colder than where sandy beaches are, so you're carrying more weight, adding to the resistance for a bigger workout!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Greenfairy View Post
      I would say yes! In fact, I think you would get an even bigger workout with snow. Not only can it provide the same resistance as sand, but you typically have to wear more clothing because snowy weather tends to be colder than where sandy beaches are, so you're carrying more weight, adding to the resistance for a bigger workout!
      I have to agree. I think it's more of a workout because you need to wear more layers LOL!

Comment

LOL True. By the time you get all the wintery gear on, you're already sweating!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
          LOL True. By the time you get all the wintery gear on, you're already sweating!
          Exactly. Maybe in the summer we should pretend we're dressing for winter, get all dressed up, then take it all off before going for a walk...have the work is already done LOL LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

Exactly. Maybe in the summer we should pretend we're dressing for winter, get all dressed up, then take it all off before going for a walk...have the work is already done LOL LOL
            You just made me snort-laugh! I can just imagine that being the latest fad workout to "kickstart your cardio" by gearing up for winter, then taking it all off before your summer walk around the neighborhood

Comment

Hahaha between that and our awesome healthy snacks that don't suck, we'll have people getting active and healthy in no time!

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
                Hahaha between that and our awesome healthy snacks that don't suck, we'll have people getting active and healthy in no time!
                Ah, the plan to become billionaires through our healthy strategies continues haha. I'd nearly forgotten about those awesome healthy snacks that don't suck!

Comment

Working...
                X