is a daily walk enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is a daily walk enough

If I'm pretty much sitting around all day, and I go for a good walk outside. I mean I'm out there for over a half hour and I'm breathing faster and I'm warmer than I was when I left, is that enough exercise for a day?

That's enough for your cardio but not enough for standing up and moving around, if that makes sense. You still need to move around every hour (ideally every 20-30 minutes). Even if you just get up, stretch, and briskly walk the room in a circle a couple of times to get the blood flowing. But in terms of exercise, the brisk walk should be enough.

Comment

It's enough for heart health. If you have other goals like flexibility, strength, balance, then you'll need to do others. I'd consider it the center of your workout and you can do a few other things throughout the week to make it complete.

Comment

If you walk fast enough, a daily walk should be enough. Get 30 minutes and be not out of breath but winded enough that you can't talk at a normal rate too easily. Get that about 5 times per week and that's what the heart health people say is good enough.

Comment

Working...
        X