exercises for sore hip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exercises for sore hip

I have one hip that is a bit sore. Maybe from so much time sitting in traffic or at my desk. I'm not really sure. It's not injured or anything, just a bit sensitive. What exercises can I do to get a workout and not hurt it or even make it better?

OUch! I think I'd continue doing the same exercises you're doing but make sure to start off with a workout that will help to ease your hip. Have you tried slow side lunges with a reach? That helps to get some range of motion. Or the Goddess pose in yoga?
    This is a bunch of yoga I like for loosening tight hips. Maybe this will help if you use it to start and/or finish your day?

Comment

Swimming. I feel like the answer to any sore joint workout question is swimming.

Comment

As long as you're sure it's not injured, I'd definitely go with stretching and range of motion exercises. Try to do workouts with natural, dynamic exercises instead of the repetitive actions of a gym machine.

Comment

Originally posted by TinaDancer View Post
          I have one hip that is a bit sore. Maybe from so much time sitting in traffic or at my desk. I'm not really sure. It's not injured or anything, just a bit sensitive. What exercises can I do to get a workout and not hurt it or even make it better?
          Take good care of yourself sweetie. Might just be that a bit of gentle yoga and some rest will do the trick.

Comment

Working...
          X