Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are crunches really best to tone your abs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are crunches really best to tone your abs?

I am trying to lose weight around my middle, but when its' gone, I want nice abs. Are crunches my best way to get there?

They are, but consider them one of many options. Also, plain old crunches aren't as effective as the ones that gently twist to the side toward your knee, for instance. That way, you get the center of your core as well as your obliques along the side too.

Comment

They are good as a part of an overall workout, sure. Just make sure to do them right or you'll hurt your neck. I like this video that shows how for beginners. It's not mine, but it's on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by JennyR View Post
        They are good as a part of an overall workout, sure. Just make sure to do them right or you'll hurt your neck. I like this video that shows how for beginners. It's not mine, but it's on youtube
        Thanks for this video. I've been doing them wrong! I've been bending my neck the wrong way!

Comment

I think I have to agree. As long as you're doing them right and they're not the only thing you're doing, they should help to strengthen the area.

Comment

Working...
          X