Lift weights correctly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift weights correctly!

It is important that if you lift weights that you do so correctly. If you are not holding the weight correctly you could hurt your wrists or other parts of your body. Furthermore, you need to make sure that you take it slow. Start off with lighter weight and gradually work your way up to the amount you'd like to lift. You need to build up your strength in a safe and healthy ways. When I'm at the gym I've seen one too many guys lifting the wrong weights or doing the wrong moves. It is so easy to pull muscles without even realizing it. If you're lifting weights for the first time, talk to a pro trainer, take a class, or watch some videos on the net. Don't take it upon yourself to lift weights in any old way you think is fine when you've never done it before because you will make a mistake and you will regret it. Please, be smart.

Very true, TroyBurger. I really hurt my back and shoulder the first time I lifted weight because I used dumbbells that were just a bit too heavy and I over-extended. When lifting weight you also need to make sure you breath and remain in control of your movements. It's not about how fast you can do it. Don't swing the weight, your motions should be fluid and controlled.

Comment

The smallest difference in your form, angle, or even just the way that you are holding your hand will change the way that your joints and muscles are being accessed. You really do need to know what you're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
        The smallest difference in your form, angle, or even just the way that you are holding your hand will change the way that your joints and muscles are being accessed. You really do need to know what you're doing.

So true. I really hurt my shoulder and arm a while back because I wasn't lifting properly. All it takes is just the slightest wrong movement and you can hurt yourself surprisingly bad!

Comment

Good tip Troyburger. You can really injure yourself if you do it wrong. It is also a good idea to start with light weight and work your way up. At first, you may even want to teach yourself the moves and motions without the weights so you know what it feels like without the added strain on your muscles.

Comment

Thanks. I'm glad you all agree

Comment

Working...
            X