Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm doing ab exercises, why am I not seeing results??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm doing ab exercises, why am I not seeing results??

I've been doing ab exercises and have been focusing on strengthening my core and I've been doing this for almost two months now but I'm not seeing a flatter stomach! My abs have definitely gotten stronger but I can't see them. I want to look good in my bikini in a few weeks but now I'm just feeling like giving up. What am I doing wrong??

You likely need to up your cardio. The reality is that you may already have toned abs with lovely muscles, unfortunately, if you can't see them, this likely means that they are hiding under a layer of fat. Doing ab exercises alone is not enough. You need to burn off the fat if you want to see the muscles underneath. I recommend upping your cardio. Keep in mind that the intensity of your workout often matters more to fat burning than the length of it. Continue with strength training and be sure to stay away from foods high in fat. Vegetables, fruits and whole grains should be among your new favorite foods. Try this and keep up your ab workout and you should start seeing a difference

Comment

JokerzWild is right. You need to increase your cardio and watch what you eat. Ab workouts will not get rid of the fat. You need to burn that off through other means. That said, keep up with your other workouts. It sounds like you are doing great.

Comment

Yup, that's just it! Get the cardio up and get the eating right, but don't give up on your ab exercises. That will mean that you'll burn calories faster when you do cardio and it will mean that when you do burn off the fat, you'll have awesome muscles underneath!

Comment

No exercises can target your fat loss, only build muscle. You've got some great advice. More cardio and keep up with abs, too!

Comment

I was having this same problem!! Glad to find out all I need is more cardio!!

Comment

Keep up your ab workouts, though, teensytiff. Because then when you burn the fat around your middle, you'll have awesome toned muscles underneath, instead of just a saggy belly like me haha

Comment

Thank you!! I will put this information to good use. I was wondering what I was doing wrong. Turns out I just need to shed more fat - go figure LOL. Thanks again!!

Comment

Working...
                X