What is a good glute exercise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good glute exercise?

Hi everyone. I'd like to work out my glutes and tone them up. Can anyone recommend a simple exercise or two that I can do at home that will help? Thanks!

There are plenty of exercises you can do at home if you want to tone your glutes.Two exercises that are easily done at home are a "basic bridge" and a "donkey kick" look up those exercises and you'll see that they're not difficult to do and take no time at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
      There are plenty of exercises you can do at home if you want to tone your glutes.Two exercises that are easily done at home are a "basic bridge" and a "donkey kick" look up those exercises and you'll see that they're not difficult to do and take no time at all.
      Sounds like you're a glute expert I think I'll do a lot of those workouts before I post a picture here haha

Comment

Fast-paced walking is also good,so are lunges and an exercise called the um.., I think it's the "clam" or "Clam shell" or something. Essentially any exercise that involves you giving these muscles a good squeeze are great.

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

Sounds like you're a glute expert I think I'll do a lot of those workouts before I post a picture here haha

LOL! Yup, I'm a regular "glue expert". Well, I figure if other parts of me are saggy or flabby at least I can have a toned and tight butt. In truth, I just find that glute exercises are just really easy because there are so many of them and they really are not hard to do, are not time consuming and you really don't need to go to a gym to do them. What part of your body is the most toned, Bethie?

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
            LOL! Yup, I'm a regular "glue expert". Well, I figure if other parts of me are saggy or flabby at least I can have a toned and tight butt. In truth, I just find that glute exercises are just really easy because there are so many of them and they really are not hard to do, are not time consuming and you really don't need to go to a gym to do them. What part of your body is the most toned, Bethie?
            I don't think that any of my body is the most toned LOL. I've been trying really hard to keep up regular exercises but I find it really tough to do. I'll keep up with an intense schedule for a few weeks and then suddenly everything will fall apart and I won't do anything for 7 straight days. I think it's a matter of motivation and mine goes up and down like a roller coaster. I wish I was more motivated like you, Speeddemon

Comment

Swimming and riding a bike are both good for legs and rear ends

Comment

Thanks for all of the great tips! I'll be sure to look these up and give them a try. Maybe I'll finally be able to tone my butt hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

I don't think that any of my body is the most toned LOL. I've been trying really hard to keep up regular exercises but I find it really tough to do. I'll keep up with an intense schedule for a few weeks and then suddenly everything will fall apart and I won't do anything for 7 straight days. I think it's a matter of motivation and mine goes up and down like a roller coaster. I wish I was more motivated like you, Speeddemon
                  What if you tried setting yourself smaller goals instead of going all out and engaging in intense workouts? Do fewer exercises more often. I also find that when I do different exercises and not the same exercises all at once, it's easier to stay motivated.

Comment

Maybe I should try that, Speedemon. That's a good idea. I do know a few different workouts that aren't bad. I guess if I do a different one every day and maybe just work out 5 days a week instead of 7 then it might be easier to keep it up.

Comment

I think you will find it easier to keep up with it when you don't make it too challenging. I find exercising to be overwhelming sometimes and I also find it difficult to keep up with certain exercises on a daily basis. I tend to find that it's not hard to walk everyday, but doing strengthtraining and other forms of cardio, floor exercises, etc. to be difficult to perform on a daily basis. I think as long as you do them between 3 and 5 times a week you'll be fine. Besides, the body does need time to rest.

Comment

Working...
                      X