Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is speed walking just as effective as running?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is speed walking just as effective as running?

Hi y'all. I don't know if I'll ever be a runner. I find it a little to hard on my knees and hips. What I was wondering is does anyone know if speed walking is just as beneficial as running? Would it burn as many calories?

I think it is. Especially if you do intervals

Comment

I think it is as good as running, but I've also heard that some people find it harder to actually speed walk than run! I have no idea how it could be harder to walk fast than run. I guess the strain it puts on your body is different some how. Essentially, I think anything that gets your heart rate up at a good pace and that you can safely maintain for a while is the best way to blast off your calories. So, whether that happens to be speed walking, running, cycling, swimming, etc., do what works best for you

Comment

I hate speed walking. I always feel like I'm going to trip and fall and my legs always kill after. Honestly, running is easier!

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
          I hate speed walking. I always feel like I'm going to trip and fall and my legs always kill after. Honestly, running is easier!
          One good thing about speed walking instead of running is that at least for the first part of it, you can talk with a buddy. If we were speedwalking, I'd talk to you, Speeddemon. We could use the time to plan those amazing snacks that are going to make us millionaires haha.

Comment

Okay. I admit, if I'm going to speed walk with anyone it would be only you, Bethie I guess if anyone can master speed its me, after all LOL! I can't wait until we're so in shape from all of this buddy-exercising we'll be doing and were super rich haha. Where do you think we should take our fist vacation? That is, of course, assuming you'd ever want to take a vacation with me

Comment

I think we should vacation somewhere that being in shape and healthy is important so that we can vacation and continue to sell our amazing snack at the same time haha. Maybe LA? Is that a stereotype? I’m never sure if I should believe that people in California are obsessed with fitness and dieting or not.

Comment

HAHA! I think LA would be perfect! Some stereotypes are totally true and I'd put my money on that one. I hear the rich and famous are always looking for new ways to look great and those who want to be just like them would definitely jump on the fitness bandwagon. Good call, Bethie! I'll book our tickets now

Comment

Working...
                X