Knee support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee support

I've got bad knees and sometimes they really act up and make it hard for me to exercise. Can anyone recommend a product that I could use/wear that might help provide my knees with support so they don't ache so much?

You should talk to a doctor about that. There are a lot of different kinds of knee injury and they all need different kinds of support. If you use the wrong one, you could make it worse. I know what works for me, but it might actually make your injury a lot worse and that could be permanent. Ask your doc. It shouldn't take long to find the answer.

Comment

Until you get the chance to go to the doctor you could probably just pick up one of those light support bandages they sell at drugstores. I don't like the kind you pull on like a sock. They bunch up and fall down. I like the kind that have velcro straps that are adjustable. REally, though it sounds like you have to build up the joint strength with proper physio exercises.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnie View Post
        Until you get the chance to go to the doctor you could probably just pick up one of those light support bandages they sell at drugstores. I don't like the kind you pull on like a sock. They bunch up and fall down. I like the kind that have velcro straps that are adjustable. REally, though it sounds like you have to build up the joint strength with proper physio exercises.

I agree with Bonnie (and I also think that talking to your doctor is a good idea) And yes, Bonnie you are so right! The velcro straps adjustable knee brace supports are WAY better than that stupid tensor badage stuff that just keeps sliding out of place - ugh! Those bandages are only okay for parts of your body where you don't have to move. they're awful for joints that bend!

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Greenfairy View Post
          I agree with Bonnie (and I also think that talking to your doctor is a good idea) And yes, Bonnie you are so right! The velcro straps adjustable knee brace supports are WAY better than that stupid tensor badage stuff that just keeps sliding out of place - ugh! Those bandages are only okay for parts of your body where you don't have to move. they're awful for joints that bend!
          I agree with everything you've said. You'll likely just end up with instructions to get one of those braces with the velcro straps but you'll probably also get special exercises to strenghten the joint that is the problem in the first place. you'll also get instructions for using the brace because you can't just wear it all the time either. There are things specific to different knee problems.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'll definitely pick up a brace while I wait to see my doctor. Adding the right support should help!

Comment

Working...
            X