Do you need to join a gym?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you need to join a gym?

If you really want to get fit and lose weight through exercise do you really have to join a gym. Everybody talks about when they go to the gym for weight loss but that’s really not an experience that I like. Is it possible to get as much out of exercise without getting a gym membership and having to go through that humiliation?

No way! Gyms are for some people but not for others. If it works for you, great! If not, then get out there and walk or jog, do your exercise video, or run on the treadmill. Whatever works for you is right for you. THere is no single choice.

Comment

If you're really bad at getting yourself to actually exercise, spending your money on a gym membership can help you to make sure that you get out the door. Plus a lot of gyms will help you set up a good workout so you'll be more likely to have an effective program, too.

Comment

A gym should be considered the same as any other resource. It may be right for you, or you may not like the regimented movement control that these workouts dictate. You might find that when you are more in tune with your body, you will know what workout will benefit you most - yoga, swimming, etc - and can move with your own rhythms instead of the list of exercises on specific machines in a building with poor air circulation and a lot of bacteria.

Comment

You don't need to join a gym to lose weight and get fit. Gyms can be very helpful for people who need motivation to exercise because they're not very good at sticking to self-created at-home exercising. Since you pay for a membership you may be likely to go so you don't waste your money. Plus, certain gyms offer different classes, they also have a lot of neat machines that you can use. That said, you certainly don't need gyms to get in shape. If gyms aren't your thing, then find exercises you can do on your own that will work for you, such as a mixture of cardio and strength training.

Comment

Nah, you don't need to join a gym man. Personally, I think gyms are overrated, and I don't blame you, I have not interest in feeling like I'm on display when I work out, and that's exactly how I'd feel at a gym. The best exercise you can do for weight loss is one that is not only comfortable for your body but is one that is emotionally comfortable, as well. After all, it's already bad enough that you have to lose the weight in the first place, who wants to feel bad about themselves when they're working on losing it. You should feel motivated and good, not challenged and judged.

Comment

Of course it's possible! You just need to find the exercise that works for you and the motivation to do it. It really doesn't matter where you exercise, as long as you do it.

Comment

I personally like going to the gym and get a lot of benefit from it. I'm not very good at sticking to exercise when I don't have some sort of motivation. I've made a few friends at the gym and I look forward to seeing them. It helps to make exercising and sticking to my goals easier. You shouldn't feel that going to the gym is humiliating. Everyone that goes is there for the same basic reason - to lose weight or get in shape. That said, if you do just want to exercise on your own, you can definitely obtain the same benefits without the gym. You just need to establish the right exercise routine and stick to it. You may want to consider hiring a personal trainer, or talking to a fitness expert to help you create an exercise regimen that will help you lose the most weight and target the areas of your body you want to improve.

Comment

No, u dont need 2 go 2 the gym. U should feel good when u workout. If u dont like the gym workout @ home.

Comment

I go to the gym. I really like it but you don't need the gym to get the same benefits from it if you do the right exercises from home. I say, think about why you would choose to go to the gym. For example, what sorts of exercises, machines, classes, etc. you would take or what you would like to learn and do your best to make the equivalent happen at home.

Comment

Working...
                    X