Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite way to burn calories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite way to burn calories?

I'm curious to see what activities you guys enjoy the best when it comes to burning calories. What type of physical activity do you feel is the best type of exercise that keeps your motivated and your're the most likely to stick to?

I think we all have our own favorite activities but it's very important to mix things up anyway. If all you do is the exact same workout 5 times per week, then the odds are that you're leaving a large portion of the big muscle groups in your body unaccessed. Also, for the muscle groups you are using, you're only overusing them without the right amount of rest and recovery. It may seem like rest and recovery means you're not benefiting yourself in any way but it actually makes a very big difference to your ability to tone and burn calories. Without recovering adequately, you'll hold yourself back, get slower results and increase your risk of injury.
    So I definitely have my favorite exercise but I know that I can only do it 3 times a week because I have to add other types of workout for other parts of my body, too. Probably good anyway so I look forward to the workout I like instead of getting too much of it.

Comment

Aerobics activities are always best for me. They don't have to be a class as long as I can get into a routine. Walking, swimming, cycling, any of those are good. They're the ones that make me feel like I'm getting the job done. I have to force myself to do any kind of strength stuff.

Comment

I love dancing. It's a lot of fun and it is a great way to burn calories. I recently joined a belly dancing class and it's been a lot of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
          I think we all have our own favorite activities but it's very important to mix things up anyway. If all you do is the exact same workout 5 times per week, then the odds are that you're leaving a large portion of the big muscle groups in your body unaccessed. Also, for the muscle groups you are using, you're only overusing them without the right amount of rest and recovery. It may seem like rest and recovery means you're not benefiting yourself in any way but it actually makes a very big difference to your ability to tone and burn calories. Without recovering adequately, you'll hold yourself back, get slower results and increase your risk of injury.
          So I definitely have my favorite exercise but I know that I can only do it 3 times a week because I have to add other types of workout for other parts of my body, too. Probably good anyway so I look forward to the workout I like instead of getting too much of it.

I agree enviroTodd! I think it's important to mix up your exercise routine. This isn't only important to make sure that you are working out and strengthening different parts of your body but also to keep your motivated and interested. As much as I love walking and I like dancing, I'd get bored of these activities if they were all I did. By adding yoga and weight lifting to the mix I find that I look forward to different activities, which keep things fresh and fun!

Comment

I have to say dancing, too, Christysmiles. I'm a terrible dancer but boy do I dance haha. I don't do it when people cna see me but it makes my housecleaning fun. It's great to bop all around while i"m dusting and to get a bit of swirl and twirl going when I am washing the floors. The only bad dance partner I have is my vacuum

Comment

I really like walking. I think it's the best form of exercise and the easiest. I love you can walk anywhere. You can walk inside, outside. You're never limited.

Comment

I used to think only cardio worked. Now I'm into yoga

Comment

Working...
                X