Portable exercise equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable exercise equipment

I've recently been hired for a job that will involve a lot of travelling. I want to stay in shape and I was wondering if there are any good portable exercise devices that I can take with me when I travel that are light, relatively small and easy to fold up. I wouldn't mind keep up my fitness when I'm in the hotel room. Any suggestions?

Good question! In my experience, exercise bands are a-mazing for travel. They are super super easy to pack. You can bring them in carry on luggage without any problems. They're very light. They won't break from being bumped around. YOu can use them for yoga, strength training and even various types of cardio! They use your own strength or body weight against itself so it's great to get a fantastic workout in the most minimalistic way possible. You can get short ones and longer ones and still pack them with a lot of ease. Plus, they're cheap enough that if you happen to lose one or forget it somewhere, it's actually often less expensive to just buy a new one than it is to have the hotel mail it to you.

Comment

I also agree that exercise bands are a good idea. If you're looking for an actual machine there are some companies that sell equipment that folds up small and you could probably take it in a suitcase if you're packing light enough, like a folding cycle, which is essentially a really small device that has pedals with straps and you can use it to workout your legs while you sit or you can even work out your arms.

Another good idea is to learn how to use your own body as your weight for strength training. That way, you'll always be able to workout taking nothing with you. You cold also learn some yoga poses that you can do and don't forget that walking is always good, so is walking up and down stairs. There are many ways to exercise and exercise well without equipment. Plus, if you are travelling and where you are staying happens to have a pool or even a gym, make use of it!

Comment

Just bring a good pair of cross trainers. Walk and go to local gyms.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
          I also agree that exercise bands are a good idea. If you're looking for an actual machine there are some companies that sell equipment that folds up small and you could probably take it in a suitcase if you're packing light enough, like a folding cycle, which is essentially a really small device that has pedals with straps and you can use it to workout your legs while you sit or you can even work out your arms.

Another good idea is to learn how to use your own body as your weight for strength training. That way, you'll always be able to workout taking nothing with you. You cold also learn some yoga poses that you can do and don't forget that walking is always good, so is walking up and down stairs. There are many ways to exercise and exercise well without equipment. Plus, if you are travelling and where you are staying happens to have a pool or even a gym, make use of it!
          I agree that Yoga can be the way to go and basically just use stairs and sidewalks for your cardio. You only need a tiny bit of space to do yoga poses so you really can do it anywhere. You can bring your yoga mat with you or just leave it at home and use your space as you know it (if you're good and familiar with the poses, that is.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I guess it does make the most sense to just bring appropriate shoes and do a lot of walking. Yoga is also a good idea. It shouldn't be too difficult to pack a mat. I guess I could always try to arrange to stay at hotels that have gym facilities, too. I don't know why I didn't think of that before! I think sometimes I need to ask a silly question to get my own creativity flowing haha.

Comment

Working...
            X