Baked Apples with Cinnamon and Sugar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baked Apples with Cinnamon and Sugar

Hi everyone. I don't know what the weather is like where the rest of you live, but where I am, autumn is in full swing and the weather is getting cooler. At this time of year, I love apples, especially the ones that are in season and grown locally. If you're like me, and you love apples a really nice and low-fat treat are oven baked apples. All you need to do is take a whole apple (I recommend ones that are sweet but have a sour/tangy taste, as well, such as Macintosh, Jonathan, Spartan, etc.), cut out the center core so all of the seeds and the stem is out, set it on parchment paper or foil covering a cookie sheet (if you don't want to muck up your cookie sheet) and fill this empty pocket you've made with a bit of sugar (1 tsp) and cinnamon (1 tsp).

Bake it in the oven at 350 degrees F for 10-20 minutes. Basically you just want the inside of the apple to get soft and for the sugar to bubble. Let the apple cool for a minimum of five minutes and then enjoy your dessert. It's tasty, not bad for you, and it's not loaded down with sugar. It's a great treat on occasion on a cool night, especially at this time of year.

Hope you enjoy it!

Sounds good to me Freddy. I know what I'm having this evening. I never though about baking apples, which is silly because I make apple pies and apple crisp all the time.

Comment

MMMM! I wonder if this would work with any other fruits? Have you tried any others, Freddy? Or anyone else?

Comment

I LOVE doign this every fall. I find that if you buy a type of apple that is naturally sweet, then all you need to put on them is cinnamon and you don't need to add any sugar at all. That helps to keep the calories to a minimum which is great for a diet that limits them every day. I also find that it is really good if you put a bit of foil over top so they stay juicy since some varieties like to dry out a bit before they soften up.

Comment

Aww I love that flavor! I used to do "baked'/roasted apples on a campfire when I was a kid

Comment

Charlotte, when they are in season, baked peaches are really good too!

Comment

This sounds delicious. Thanks for posting Freddy.

Charlotte - in addition to baked apples and peaches, you can also try baked pineapple.

Comment

Oh my gosh this sounds so good. What a great way to satisfy my desire for sweet tasting foods. A dessert I don't have to feel so guilty about eating LOL!

Comment

Has anyone ever tried this with russet apples?

Comment

Working...
                  X