smoked fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoked fish

Looking for a smoked fish recipe. In my enthusiasm to leave the store and get my mask off, I bought smoked rainbow trout instead of smoked salmon (I knew I was getting way too good a price!). What do I do with it? I usually find smoked trout far too strong. It tastes like strong smoke but nothing else. What do I do with it?

I hate when I get those two fish mixed up!!!

Try using it in salad that contain strong flavored greens like kale, chard, arugula. Once that have more flavor than the blander greens like romaine, green and red lettuce. You can also add it to an asian stir fry that includes soy or teriyaki sauce and a bit of spice if you like spice. Included it in a peppery or spicy pasta dish or one with sharp cheese may also be flavorful.

Comment

What about putting it in a sandwich with all your favorite veggie toppings and a bit of mustard?

Comment

You can smooth it out by putting it in a tortilla or on toast with egg with a runny yolk or even with cream cheese. That helps to take down the powerful smokiness. Add some lettuce for crunch

Comment

Working...
        X