Healthy Instant Pot Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy Instant Pot Recipes

The Instant Pot I ordered on Prime Day just arrived. I am looking for healthy recipes that don't require ingredients that are too expensive or hard to find. Any suggestions for soups, stews, cooking a chicken or a roast? That sort of thing?

Any veggie-based pasta, stew, soup or rice dish should be good, quick and easy.

Comment

Oh there are so many awesome Instant Pot recipes. Some of my favorites are honey garlic chicken, vegetarian lentil soup, chicken tortilla soup, and turkey chilli!

When I need inspiration for a healthy instant pot recipe that doesn't take a lot of time, I tend to go to this site that has super awesome recipes, like those I mentioned above. I'll leave the link so that you can check it out to get some ideas!

https://kristineskitchenblog.com/29-...es-quick-easy/

Comment

Try salmon or rainbow trout on the steam setting for 3 minutes (and quick release after). Pour in a cup of water. Lay the fillet on the steam rack or in a steamer. You can place lemon slices on top if you like that. I like mine plain most of the time. Once it's done, take out the fish, quickly wash out the pot and put in a tiny bit of olive oil. Use the saute setting to crisp up the skin if your fish piece has skin and you want to eat it. The whole thing is really fast and you'll be shocked at how good it is. Enjoy!

Comment

Do you have one of those egg bite molds? They have tons of opportunity for fast and easy breakfasts you can make fast or make in advance and put in the fridge.

Comment

Okay. I'm going to be the one to ask it. What makes cooking with an instant pot any better than good old fashioned cooking without one? Does it just save time? I mean, I get that it could be ideal for making soups, stews and rice...but do you really need to use it to boil your eggs, cook your chicken or make salmon?

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
              Okay. I'm going to be the one to ask it. What makes cooking with an instant pot any better than good old fashioned cooking without one? Does it just save time? I mean, I get that it could be ideal for making soups, stews and rice...but do you really need to use it to boil your eggs, cook your chicken or make salmon?
              It's just a lot faster and in a lot of cases, everything can be done in one pot. Instead of making a pot roast or stew by browning the meat in one pan, frying the onions in another pan and then putting everything in a pot or slow cooker and waiting for a long time, you can sautee and cook in one pot. You can have a whole meat and veggies meal in under an hour. So you can do a pot roast with carrots, potatoes, onions and everything else when you get home from work and have only one pot to wash. I don't personally understand cooking eggs (other than egg bites in molds) like hard boiled eggs in there, but my sister says they don't crack when you cook them on an egg rack. That one's not for me, but the rest, I totally get it. You can cook from frozen really fast, too.Fish comes out absolutely amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post

It's just a lot faster and in a lot of cases, everything can be done in one pot. Instead of making a pot roast or stew by browning the meat in one pan, frying the onions in another pan and then putting everything in a pot or slow cooker and waiting for a long time, you can sautee and cook in one pot. You can have a whole meat and veggies meal in under an hour. So you can do a pot roast with carrots, potatoes, onions and everything else when you get home from work and have only one pot to wash. I don't personally understand cooking eggs (other than egg bites in molds) like hard boiled eggs in there, but my sister says they don't crack when you cook them on an egg rack. That one's not for me, but the rest, I totally get it. You can cook from frozen really fast, too.Fish comes out absolutely amazing.
                Exactly! That's what makes it so amazing. You can make just about anything in an Instant Pot. It's great if you want to leave something to cook all day while you work or it's great to speed up the cooking process and get something done faster, which is just something that can't be achieved with a slow cooker.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post

You had me at "you can cook from frozen really fast." Sold. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post

You had me at "you can cook from frozen really fast." Sold. LOL
                    OMG this made me laugh so hard!

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post

OMG this made me laugh so hard!
                      What can I say. I'm a lazy guy.

Comment

Has anyone used every single button on their machine? Are they all really useful, or is the one with 6 features just as good as the one with 9?

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
                          Has anyone used every single button on their machine? Are they all really useful, or is the one with 6 features just as good as the one with 9?
                          LOL I've used 2 buttons on my machine but I still somehow think that I got a better one because I have 7 features and not the 6 feature one. No idea why I wanted more features when I generally use pressure-cook and i used the meat/stew one a few times.

Comment

Working...
                          X