Looking for healthy dinner inspiration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for healthy dinner inspiration

I need some new ideas for things to eat that aren't based on creamy sauces and taht aren't made mainly of things like pasta. Pasta is welcome, but it can't be the main thing on the plate. Anyone have some nutritious, easy, tasty meals they want to share?

I've recently fallen in love with Orzo salad! It does have a pasta (orzo which looks like pasta rice) but it's not the main component. Since it's a salad it has lots of good veggies in there as well a chickpeas and walnuts (or pine nuts). While you can honestly use whatever veggies you want, the most common ones are cherry tomatoes, brussels sprouts, cucumber, red onion, etc. This is all tossed together with a light vinaigrette dressing. You can also add a bit of feta cheese to make it even more awesome (if/when you can spare the calories). Best of all, you can eat it warm or cold, as a side or as a full meal. I make it in advance and enjoy it throughout the week.
    Last edited by Firefly77; 01-11-2021, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Lentil curry, couscous stuffed peppers, and quinoa black bean burgers are currently my top three favorites.

Comment

Fish! Do any of us eat enough of it. Try 2 kinds a week. A tuna sandwich once and a salmon fillet later. Or a piece of rainbow trout and canned salmon salad.

Comment

Originally posted by MadMike View Post
          Fish! Do any of us eat enough of it. Try 2 kinds a week. A tuna sandwich once and a salmon fillet later. Or a piece of rainbow trout and canned salmon salad.
          Couldn't agree more! There are so many great types of fish you can eat and so many ways to prepare it! Plus, fish (most kinds anyway) is super nutritious and good for you.

Comment

Stuffed squash. Last night I made an acorn squash with rice and a ton of veggies and toasted almond slivers. It was amazing!

Comment

What about a savory French Toast made with whole grain bread? Pile the veggies on top and you're all set!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1968 View Post
                What about a savory French Toast made with whole grain bread? Pile the veggies on top and you're all set!
                Oh my gosh that sounds so good. I think i'll do that for dinner. Quick, easy, and feels like a treat! Thanks for this idea!

Comment

Take a big piece of foil. Put a pork chop in it with grainy mustard on it and add a sliced up apple and a sliced up onion. Then, throw in some veggies like broccoli or snow peas and some mushrooms. If the pork is thawed, throw it in the oven at 350 for 25-ish minutes. If it's frozen, go for 45. SO easy and healthy and delicious

Comment

Chicken breast with a spicy rub and your favorite combination of spring veggies like asparagus and new potatoes

Comment

Working...
                    X