Good recipe for frozen vegetables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good recipe for frozen vegetables

I was wondering if anyone had a good recipe for frozen vegetables. I really don't like the taste of them. I find them very watery a lot of the times and quite tasteless. I try to buy fresh as much as I can, but sometimes frozen is my only option. I'm looking for anything from cooking tips to good recipes. Thanks very much

Soups and stews are great for frozen veggies. So are stir fries as long as you're cooking it in a sauce of some kind. These are fantastic and have a great consistency but you need to "bring them to life".

Comment

Get a really good quality bag of flash frozen veggies and stir fry them in low sodium soy and then serve with chicken on rice. It's great and super simple. If you want to add a bit of extra zing, add grated fresh ginger.

Comment

I find that they're excellent if you cook them up and toss them into spaghetti sauce and then put it on pasta.

Comment

Add a little drizzle of cheese or butter/garlic butter to them. This will help to improve the flavour. Just remember that the trick is not to drown the vegetables in the good stuff though.

Comment

Frozen veggies are the best for casseroles or for meat pies! They make the whole process so easy because they're already washed and chopped. Just dump them in with the rest of the ingredients and you're all set!

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
              Frozen veggies are the best for casseroles or for meat pies! They make the whole process so easy because they're already washed and chopped. Just dump them in with the rest of the ingredients and you're all set!
              That's exactly it KittyKatt. They are best when you put them in things. They're not very good on their own. I find that only fresh vegetables are good that way.

Comment

These are all great suggestions, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X