Spring recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring recipes

I find I go through a stretch every year when I don’t want stews and heavy winter foods anymore, but I’m not ready for cold salads for summer either. Anyone have a good springtime recipe to share that is healthy?

Try pasta with vegetables or fish with roasted potatoes and lentils.

Comment

Fish burgers and homemade sweet potato fries!

Comment

A whole grain avacado veggie wrap with a side of mango-slaw. It's very light and refreshing and surprisingly filling at the same time..

Comment

Try a vegetable casserole with herb or meat (if you like meat) dumplings. It's easy to make and tastes great. It's light and flavourful without being like a "salad" or heavy like a pasta casserole.

Comment

I never even thought of using dumplings in a casserole. What a good idea! You're filled with great ideas, Speedemon! Is it possible to get dumplings that aren't huge in sodium? I'm supposed to cut back on that.

Comment

Thanks, Bethie. I actually make my own. It's not hard to do. When you make it yourself you can control what you put in so you don''t have to worry about the all the extra garbage you don't want. The hardest part is getting the wraps you need. Does your grocery store sell wonton or dumpling wraps? If not, do you have an Asian speciality food store near you? If not, you can always make the wraps yourself. It's not hard, it's just more convenient when they are pre-made.

Comment

That's really cool, Speedemon. I never even thought of dumplings as something I could make at home. I'll have to check my grocery store's ethnic aisle to see if it has something like wonton or dumpling wrappers. I've never really looked for it before so I don't know what they have. I like the idea of being able to control what goes inside of the dumplings and keeping the sodium levels down. Hey maybe when we open up our store with snacks that don't have garbage in them, we can sell dumplings, too haha

Comment

LOL! Yes, garbage-free dumplings. We're going to be very busy with all of those products we'll be selling at our store. Maybe we should also make it a restaurant and sell our products on the side. In fact, instead of it being a full fledged restaurant, it should be a snack shop. Sort of like a coffee shop that sells snacks, except ours will not be crap.

Comment

You're right, Speedemon. I'm sure all of that running around that we're doing will count as a great cardio workout, too, so that will make sure that even though we're very busy, we will still be able to keep up with our diets. Look at that, healthy eating and exercise all in one little crap -free business haha. You are so funny

Comment

Working...
                    X