What is a good kale recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good kale recipe?

I've heard and even seen on this forum that kale is a super food, but what do you do with said super food? Just by looking at it I can tell it's not something that I'd want to eat raw. Do you add it to salads or something? I'd really like to try it and make it a part of my diet but I really don't know how.

Just toss it in some olive oil in a pan, cook it just long enough to wilt it, and squeeze a small amount of lemon juice on it

Comment

You can also bake it in the oven or nuke it in the microwave and make chips out of them. It's a good snack or a good side to a meal.

Comment

I like adding kale to soup. There are lots of different recipes but the one I do is a sausage and white bean with kale. It tastes great, especially when the weather starts to get colder. If you don't want the sausage you can just take it out and add more vegetables or substitute it with a more "healthy" alternative.

Comment

I've seen that there is more than one type of Kale. Do they all have the same nutritional value and do they all cook the same?

Comment

Mmm I love Kale! And all of those sound like great recipes. I also add kale to stirfrys, pasta sauces, and other veggie mixes.

Charlotte - Aside form "regular" kale (maybe it's called curly kale?) I've had black kale and I cook it the same way. It's also really good for you. Some people say it cooks better and has a milder taste, but I like them both equally.

Comment

Originally posted by M-Stark334 View Post
              You can also bake it in the oven or nuke it in the microwave and make chips out of them. It's a good snack or a good side to a meal.
              Seriously? You can just microwave it and make chips out of it? Will it really get crispy if you do it that way?

Comment

I have to say, I'm honestly shocked. I really didn't think that you could prepare kale in so many ways. And I certainly didn't know you could make chips out of them lol. I also didn't know that there was more than one type of Kale. Thanks for all of this. Now I feel like getting experimental.

Comment

Originally posted by TracyK View Post
                  Mmm I love Kale! And all of those sound like great recipes. I also add kale to stirfrys, pasta sauces, and other veggie mixes.

Charlotte - Aside form "regular" kale (maybe it's called curly kale?) I've had black kale and I cook it the same way. It's also really good for you. Some people say it cooks better and has a milder taste, but I like them both equally.

Black kale? Is it actually black?

Comment

Working...
                  X