Simple but fancy side/salad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple but fancy side/salad

When I’m having people over, something that never fails to impress is when I take a slice of fresh, ripe tomato and top it with a thin slice of fresh mozzarella cheese (low fat) and a couple of basil leaves and then lightly drizzle with a good E.V. olive oil and balsamic vinegar (2:1) as a side. Alternately, I can shred the cheese, toss in with halved cherry/grape tomatoes, and sliced up basil with the same dressing as a salad. It looks just like something a fancy restaurant would put out and it’s VERY healthy and diet friendly. Is amazing next to Indian food or grilled meat.

I make something pretty similar to this but I take a low fat wholegrain wrap, put tomatoes and basil leaves on it, and melt low fat mozz on top in the oven. it only takes about 5 minutes or less under the broiler and it's like tricking yourself into thinking you're having a pizza when you're actually eating healthy and diet friendly

Comment

Yummy! That sounds soo good to me right now. Thanks so much TammyBear. I love trying new things - especially easy new things lol

Comment

I was just wondering what I should have as a side with my dinner tonight, and this salad looks great. And I'm totally having Indian cuisine lol. Perfect! Thanks TammyBear

Comment

This looks good TammyBear. I'm always glad to come across a salad recipe I've never tried before. I'm a big lover of salad. I find it's the easiest way to get my veggies

Comment

This is a good salad recipe, and the others posted by JennyR weren't bad either, but does anyone have a healthy recipe that's not a salad?

Comment

Originally posted by MeSarah View Post
              This is a good salad recipe, and the others posted by JennyR weren't bad either, but does anyone have a healthy recipe that's not a salad?
              Take all of the above ingredients and chop them up and put them into a wrap. There. Now you have yourself a healthy and very flavorful wrap that can substitute a hearty sandwich. It won't even come close to feeling like you're eating a salad because there's lots of cheese in it. Add extra veggies, too, if you want. That one is hugely flexible.

Comment

Hahahaha! Thanks ChefMel. You're right about that. Never even thought of making a wrap. Mmm with melted cheese...excuse me, must go make wrap

Comment

Working...
                X