Tasty Italian Meatballs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tasty Italian Meatballs

I’ve always loved meatballs, ever since I was a little girl. While meatballs can be very high in fat and calories depending on the ingredients, I have found a very good recipe that I’d like to share with meat lovers who are looking for good food that isn’t just green

As an extra bonus, these meatballs are gluten free, which is good news for those with a gluten allergy or who want to reduce their gluten intake.

Recipe

- 1 pound extra lean ground beef (you can also use extra lean ground turkey or chicken)
    - 1 tablespoon of garlic (fresh or powder)
    - 1 large egg
    - ½ of a sweet onion (such as Vidalia) chopped finely
    - Add Fresh rosemary, parsley, sage (or other herb of your choice) for additional flavor

Directions

- Blend all ingredients together until they are mixed
    - Roll into 2 inch balls. This should provide you with approximately 11 meatballs ( Note: you can make them as big or as small as you like, just remember the nutrition values will change depending on the size)
    - Bake in an oven safe dish or foil lined sheet for 15 – 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.

Approximate Nutritional Facts for one 2 inch meatball:

- 89 calories
    - 6 grams of fat
    - 40 milligrams of cholesterol
    - 29 milligrams of sodium
    - 0.8 grams of carbohydrates
    - 0.2 grams of fiber
    - 7.1 grams of protein

These meatballs are good to add to many recipes, or are tasty on their own. Remember, using different meat and making smaller or bigger meatballs will change the nutritional values. Enjoy!

mmmm meat! Thanks for this M-Stark334!

Comment

Woo hoo! Something that's not salad LOL! Thanks M-Starkk334

Comment

Originally posted by MeSarah View Post
        Woo hoo! Something that's not salad LOL! Thanks M-Starkk334
        LOL I know what you mean! They're going to have to come up with a new word for "salad" so that it can be applied to some diet foods and we don't have to feel like it's all we eat. haha

Comment

Looks good. I think I'll make these tonight. Thanks for the great idea!

Comment

I tried these over the weekend and they were great! I made them smaller than the recipe (only an inch) and used lean ground chicken. Very very good. Thanks for this!

Comment

if you use the chicken or turkey, take out about 1/4 of the meat and replace it with mashed blackbeans. It will give more "oomph" and substance to the meatballs that you lose with poultry

Comment

Fantastic and you're welcome!

Bean - That's a very clever idea. I never thought of that. I think I'll steal that tip the next time I make them, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X