spaghetti squash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spaghetti squash

I have a question about spaghetti squash. Do you use it like pasta?

Yes. Bake the whole squash in the oven for an hour. You don't even need to cut it. Just poke some holes in it to let steam out. Once it's baked, cut it open, scoop out the seeds and guts and then, using a fork, scrape out the squashes innards and it'll naturally come apart in a stringy way just like spaghetti. You can eat it just like, put a sauce on top or you can add it to a pan with a bit of olive oil, fresh herbs, onion (or whatever you like) to give it a different kind of flavor. It's really super easy to make and tasty.

Comment

That sounds great! I never even heard of that before

Comment

While you can bake it as TeensyTiff has suggested, I would actually recommend cutting it open first and scooping out the seeds first. It can actually be a real pain doing this after it's baked and piping hot. I found I lost more of the squash doing in this way, too.

Comment

Originally posted by TeensyTiff View Post
          Yes. Bake the whole squash in the oven for an hour. You don't even need to cut it. Just poke some holes in it to let steam out. Once it's baked, cut it open, scoop out the seeds and guts and then, using a fork, scrape out the squashes innards and it'll naturally come apart in a stringy way just like spaghetti. You can eat it just like, put a sauce on top or you can add it to a pan with a bit of olive oil, fresh herbs, onion (or whatever you like) to give it a different kind of flavor. It's really super easy to make and tasty.
          VERY COOL! What temperature do you cook it at for the hour? HOw many holes do you have to poke and how deep do they have to go in? I'm going to pick one up at the grocery store in a few minutes. THanks for this!

Comment

it doesn't actually taste like pasta, but you can still use it like that. Like asian noodles, too.

Comment

Working...
            X