dizzy without meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dizzy without meat

I’ve been trying pretty hard to eat a mostly plant based diet. I’m not trying to be vegetarian or vegan but I’m trying ot cut back a lot on my meat because it’s horrible for the environment. The problem is that when I don’t eat it for a few days in a row, I tend to get light headed when I stand up fast and I get dizzy sometimes. I do eat protein when I don’t eat meat. Is it possible that some people just need to eat meat?

that doesn't sound good. Are you eating right before and after your workouts?

Comment

I don't think you need meat necessarily but you need whatever nutrients are in the meat that you're eating. For instance, I know that meat contains zinc. Maybe your diet is low in one of the nutrients in the meat.

Comment

As Firefly77 pointed out, it's likely not the lack of meat that is making you dizzy but the lack of whatever nutrient you were getting from the meat that you might not be replenishing properly. There is a lot more to meat than protein. Another question is are you getting enough calories and fat? Eating vegetables is great for you but they don't give you everything you need to be healthy.

Comment

have you tried using a nutrition tracker? Maybe the issue isn't meat. Maybe you're not getting a good balance overall. Give that a try and look for trends. Track your dizziness with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TinaDancer View Post
            have you tried using a nutrition tracker? Maybe the issue isn't meat. Maybe you're not getting a good balance overall. Give that a try and look for trends. Track your dizziness with it.

I agree with TinaDancer. It sounds like more than not just getting enough meat. Try tracking your nutrition and if it's still not going away, definitely bring this up with your doctor to make sure it's not something more serious.

Comment

Working...
            X