Is veggie pasta hard to make?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is veggie pasta hard to make?

Hi everyone. I'm thinking about making veggie pasta for one of the dinners I'm hosting during the holiday season to make things a little lighter and more nutritious. What do I need to make pasta from vegetables and is it hard to do? I don't mind spending a little time making something but I don't want to be in the kitchen all day either. Also, which vegetables are best for making pasta and how do I make sure they remain good for you? Do I add any sauce or is keeping them plain the way to go?

Wow your house sounds awesome at the holidays! Do you mean veggie pasta like wheat-based pasta dyed with veggies? Or do you mean spiralized zucchinis, beets, etc? Or do you just mean making regular pasta with lots of veggies on it? THe first and last ones are very easy to make. The middle on...I have no idea. I don't make my own fresh pasta. That said, if you do'nt have a spiralizer that could lead to challenges too.

Comment

Veggie pasta is very easy to make. Give it a try in advance, but go for it! You'll love it and impress people, too

Comment

I agree with chefmel it is really easy to make even if you don't have a spiralizer, you can make it with a mandolin, vegetable peeler or a Y peeler or even with a cheese grater.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post
          I agree with chefmel it is really easy to make even if you don't have a spiralizer, you can make it with a mandolin, vegetable peeler or a Y peeler or even with a cheese grater.
          That's just it. A veggie peeler is really all you need, especially for wide "noodles". Just peel your carrot, throw the peel away and then just start peeling away at it by pressing down just slightly more firmly to ensure you get a solid "noddle" all the way along. The learning curve is small on this one. That said, if you think you might like spiralized veggies, there are little manual ones that are crazy cheap. Less than $10

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post

That's just it. A veggie peeler is really all you need, especially for wide "noodles". Just peel your carrot, throw the peel away and then just start peeling away at it by pressing down just slightly more firmly to ensure you get a solid "noddle" all the way along. The learning curve is small on this one. That said, if you think you might like spiralized veggies, there are little manual ones that are crazy cheap. Less than $10

Wow that's great to know! Thanks a lot Freddy and ChefMel. I'm glad to hear that it's not a super-involved process. I really like the idea of making veggies this way because I think I'll be able to trick my mind into thinking I'm eating my favorite carbs lol

Comment

Hi.MeSarah How was your pasta?

Comment

Working...
              X