green smoothie recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green smoothie recipes

Just got a smoothie blender. It's easy to make fruit smoothies and I'm good at it. but i want to start making green smoothies with easy to find ingredients (so no wheat grass please). Any recipes fully of yum and nutrition too?

That's great brightstar! One of my green smoothie favorites is a Strawberry Pomegranate Green Smoothies. It requires coconut water, strawberries, spinach, pomegranate and greek yogurt and it tastes amazing!

Comment

I actually love a grapefruit, green spinach, banana and ginger smoothie. You don't taste the green part at all. It's great for you and it's got amazing taste. Here's a great link http://minimalistbaker.com/grapefruit-green-smoothie/ for the recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
        I actually love a grapefruit, green spinach, banana and ginger smoothie. You don't taste the green part at all. It's great for you and it's got amazing taste. Here's a great link http://minimalistbaker.com/grapefruit-green-smoothie/ for the recipe.
        I think i made this one wrong or something. WHen I made it, it tasted good at first but then as it sat a bit (because I don't just chug down smoothies) it started to settle and the pulpy stuff from the grapefruit rose to the top. THe texture was kind of gross. I did use a knife to cut the whole peel off the grapefruit, but it still had so much fiber to it Maybe my blender just isn't powerful enough.

My current favorite is similar. Spinach, pineapple, banana and ginger. Delicious!

Comment

If you want to go really green without it tasting like grass: baby spinach (milder than regular spinach), seedless English cucumber (peel still on), and ginger with water. Refreshing!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

I think i made this one wrong or something. WHen I made it, it tasted good at first but then as it sat a bit (because I don't just chug down smoothies) it started to settle and the pulpy stuff from the grapefruit rose to the top. THe texture was kind of gross. I did use a knife to cut the whole peel off the grapefruit, but it still had so much fiber to it Maybe my blender just isn't powerful enough.

My current favorite is similar. Spinach, pineapple, banana and ginger. Delicious!

Sorry you had a less than pleasurable experience with the recipe Bethie, but I'm glad you've found one that works for you. I've never tried pineapple before. Never even thought to use it Ha! I'm gonna give that one a try this week and let you know what I think. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'm going to head out to the supermarket now and see what I can pick up and make. I'm looking forward to enjoying eating healthy

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
                Thanks everyone! I'm going to head out to the supermarket now and see what I can pick up and make. I'm looking forward to enjoying eating healthy
                That's great. Be sure to share some of the ones you end up liking. I wouldn't mind checking them out after you've testted them haha

Comment

I love the grapefruit, apple green spinach, banana smoothie.

Comment

Working...
                  X