Apricot Smoothie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apricot Smoothie

One of my favorite fruits is apricot, and I love apricot smoothies. This smoothie is a great way to start your day and is also a great midday snack. It’s super quick and easy. Here’s all you need:

1 cup fresh cut up apricot or canned apricot halves
    1 cup non-fat plain yogurt or low fat Greek yogurt (if you want more protein)
    2 – 3 tablespoons sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
    6 – 8 ice cubes (depends on size of ice cubes)

Toss all of that into a blender, and blend until it’s nice and frothy. It makes about two servings and takes 5 minutes to make. Enjoy!

Sounds delicious. I'll have to give this one a try. I didn't know they sold Apricots in cans lol.

Comment

I didn't have apricots so i tried it with peaches, instead (they're hugely cheap in baskets right now so I went nuts and didn't know what to do with the little buggers). This tastes great with peaches. I don't know what it tastes like with apricots but I can assure you that if you have peaches istead, you'll like what you make. It would probably be good with nectarines, too, and plums if you can get the sweet kind. The really tangy kind might make it a bit too sour and you'd have to add too much sugar.

By the way, I didn't add any sugar and the peaches were just right, so that's a great way to keep your calories even lower!

Comment

Thank you SO much for this recipe. It must be a million degrees out today and I have made a batch of it and have been thoroughly enjoying it from my deck (welcome to my deck, everyone!). This will definitely be a weekend treat for the rest of the summer.

Comment

This sounds so freakin' good! The next time I go to the grocery store, these ingredients are definitely on my list!

Comment

Yum. That does sound very delicious. I'm not a huge fan of apricots but I do love peaches. Your idea is great KraftMan!

Comment

Mmmm apricots. This would also go great with strawberries! (I only say that cause I'm biased toward strawberries since they're my favorite fruit haha)

Comment

Those other fruits sound great too. I'm going to try it with peaches tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly77 View Post
                  Those other fruits sound great too. I'm going to try it with peaches tonight
                  Did you end up trying it? I did and I'm THRILLED with it. I want to have this every day. I have it instead of high calorie desserts and it makes me feel great. I have it for the dessert I eat after lunch so that I don't feel snackish until dinner.

Comment

mmmm this sounds so good (with all the fruit that was mentioned). I'm gonna try it with necturines!

Comment

PamelaPoison - Yes! I did end up trying it and it was delicious. It's also fantastic with strawberries and cherries

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly77 View Post
                        PamelaPoison - Yes! I did end up trying it and it was delicious. It's also fantastic with strawberries and cherries
                        Mmmm I never think about using cherries in stuff like that and I really should. I heard they're good for you because they have antioxidants as well as that stuff that is in red wine that is good for you. So I think they're good for cancer prevention and heart health too. Am I right?

Comment

Working...
                        X