Turmeric - good for you or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turmeric - good for you or not?

Is turmeric good for you or not? The bioavailability of it is so low. Does it really help anything?

Oh yeah. It's really good for you. I think it's an anti-inflammatory. It's good for digestion and is quite healthy.

Comment

It's an anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant, improves brain function, lowers risk of heart disease, can help prevent cancer, help to prevents Alzheimer disease and may help with depression. It's just a really good herb that gives you great flavor and is perfect for dying anything really bright yellow haha. Plus, you can add it to tons of recipes including tea!

Comment

I think it's good for you if you apply it topically, but you just can't get enough of it to be beneficial if you eat it. Not enough of it absorbs.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
          I think it's good for you if you apply it topically, but you just can't get enough of it to be beneficial if you eat it. Not enough of it absorbs.
          If you applied it topically wouldn't it dye your skin yellow??

Comment

Originally posted by MeSarah View Post

If you applied it topically wouldn't it dye your skin yellow??
            I've used it and it has dyed my skin but if I use it along with an oil, it prevents that. For example, I saw a video for a turmeric and honey mask on YouTube and it showed that if you just add a little bit of olive oil or another skin-friendly oil, it helps to make sure the stain will lift away from the skin when you wash it.
            STill, that only works for skin. So if you get it on your clothes or if you wash the mask off with a cloth, it stains it and the stain never comes out as far as I can do. I've never been able to get it off my clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by suzieQ View Post
              It's an anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant, improves brain function, lowers risk of heart disease, can help prevent cancer, help to prevents Alzheimer disease and may help with depression. It's just a really good herb that gives you great flavor and is perfect for dying anything really bright yellow haha. Plus, you can add it to tons of recipes including tea!
              Really tea? Would't this make tea taste weird?

Comment

Working...
              X