Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for CHEAP and HEALTHY dinner ideas please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for CHEAP and HEALTHY dinner ideas please!

Recipes or ideas welcome for healthy dinners that are really cheap. Like, could a family of 4 (two adults, two kids/teens) eat for $10 from the grocery store? Is that possible? Ideas please! Lots of them! Food is so expensive right now.

This woman is super annoying but she has great tips for what it sounds like you're looking for. Honestly, I cannot subscribe to her channel because she irritates me, but if you play her video on a faster speed and take some notes, you can get some incredible tips. This one is to feed a family of 8 on $25/week (assuming you already have certain basics in your home and that you don't have to buy...but still!)

Comment

I've just started looking into this too. Basically, I take recipes I'd usually make with meat and use half the meat, filling them out with beans, chickpeas, lentils etc. They take on the flavors, they have texture, and they're good for you. Actually, to be honest, I don't half the amount but use the same amount but in a double-batch. That way, I can still take advantage of cheaper prices from buying big. Then I just freeze the leftovers so I have more meals made. Saves time while it saves money. Honestly, I like the different textures too. They're just as filling. Probably good that I'm cutting back on meat for that matter. I like that I eat meat but I probably shouldn't have as much as I do.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMoon View Post
        I've just started looking into this too. Basically, I take recipes I'd usually make with meat and use half the meat, filling them out with beans, chickpeas, lentils etc. They take on the flavors, they have texture, and they're good for you. Actually, to be honest, I don't half the amount but use the same amount but in a double-batch. That way, I can still take advantage of cheaper prices from buying big. Then I just freeze the leftovers so I have more meals made. Saves time while it saves money. Honestly, I like the different textures too. They're just as filling. Probably good that I'm cutting back on meat for that matter. I like that I eat meat but I probably shouldn't have as much as I do.
        Good idea. Canned beans and dried beans are SO much cheaper than meat but they still have lots of nutrition and protein. I'm going to use this tip! I bet this would even be great for burgers

Comment

This woman shares so many budget recipes for a big family and some look so good. Even if you have a small family, just save the extra portions and save money too. I hope this helps!

Comment

brown rice, beans, lentils, basically anything in the dry section is perfect for getting lots of nutrition for super cheap. Then, top it up with root veggies and other high nutrition produce that you can buy a lot of at once but that doesn't go bad fast.

Comment

Whatever you do, avoid the mac n' cheese and ramen trap. It's so tempting to go ultra-cheap, but there's no nutrition there. Save that money and pour it into some frozen veg.

Comment

Whole grain pasta or veggie pasta. I'ts definitely more expensive than regular pasta but it's way cheaper than most other meals. Throw on a good sauce and add some mushrooms or peppers or something like that and you've got veggies in there too. You can feed a whole family super cheap on that even though they're pretty much premium ingredients.

Comment

Working...
                X