Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Announcement

On September 27th, 2019 our weight loss forum experienced an attack, bringing us offline and wiping years of posts from our database. We were down, but not out! To learn more about restoring access to the forum and how we are coming back stronger than ever click here > https://articles.intechrahealth.com/...-cyber-attack/.
2 of 2 < >

ATTENTION MEMBERS

On September 27th, 2019 our weight loss forum experienced an attack, bringing us offline and wiping years of posts from our database. We were down, but not out! To learn more about restoring access to the forum and how we are coming back stronger than ever click here > https://articles.intechrahealth.com/...-cyber-attack/.
See more
See less

Dark Chocolate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Chocolate

I've heard time and again that dark chocolate is supposed to be better for you than milk chocolate. What I want to know is that while it might be better, does it have any nutritional value? I know you can't gorge on chocolate or anything, but does it have any health benefits?

If you eat dark chocolate with a very high cocoa level. Something like over 78 percent, then there are actually some health benefits such as antioxidants and a few others. At the same time, I wouldn’t call it a health food.

Comment

Dark chocolate is the healthiest chocolate

Comment

If you're look for a treat that isn't fruit, it's definitely better than pretty much anything else out there. I would definitely recommend it. As enviroTodd says, it's not exactly a health snack, but at the same time, it's not like eating a chocolate cake, either. So have a bit a and enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post
          If you eat dark chocolate with a very high cocoa level. Something like over 78 percent, then there are actually some health benefits such as antioxidants and a few others. At the same time, I wouldn’t call it a health food.

What exactly would you call a health food that you'd consider a treat enviroTodd? And I don't mean fruits or vegetables. I'm just curious as to what food you think is delicious and good enough not to upset your "balance" or "flow" or whatever.

Comment

Glad to know that it is the healthiest chocolate, even if it's still just a treat. At first I didn't like dark chocolate all that much but then it really grew on me. I was actually surprised when I found out it went well with red wine haha.

Comment

Working...
            X