Chlorella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chlorella

I've been looking into certain ways to bring more greens into my diet and I have seen Chlorella mentioned a lot. It's an algae. Has anyone ever tried this to help with nutrition and/or weight loss? If so, what form did you use and did you like it?

Isn't that some kind of disease we get vaccinated against?

Comment

I have taken it before and I used the powder supplement version where I mixed the powder in 8 oz of water and had it once a day. It wasn't the best tasting thing and I tolerated alright for a bit but then I found it made me really gassy so eventually I chose to stop it. Other than that thought I didn't have any problems with it. I know that it's not proven for weight loss. I took it because I thought I'd be healthier. It didn't really make me feel any healthier. If you want to try it, I don't see any harm in doing it as long as you make sure you read about it to make sure it is safe for you and as long as you don't have an allergy to mold.

Comment

OMG I tried looking into these and they looked great as supplements but then I went to the store and they are SO expensive. I thought this was just a kind of algae!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
          Isn't that some kind of disease we get vaccinated against?

HAHAHA! I totally thought the same thing. I'm glad I'm not the only one whose never heard of this before.

Comment

I've started hearing about this at a lot of the smoothie shops I visit. It's becoming quite the hot ingredient. I don't think I'd want to take it in supplements but I do like the idea of adding more algae and seaweed to my diet. It's really an underused market. I mean, imagine if we could get all our veg and protein from salt water sources. It's great for the environment and stops us from having to graze animals and grow crops on land. No more burning down rainforest for more room for farms.

Comment

Working...
            X