The Vision Diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vision Diet

I just heard about this diet today. Apparently "The Vision Diet" is a weight loss program that's supposed to help you eat less by making you find food less appealing because you wear blue-tinted glasses when you consume food...is this for real? Does this diet actually exist and does it really work? If it does, I imagine that it might be something that can be easily combined with taking FenFast.

I would think that it would work more effectively if it worked the other way around. If your food was more appealing with a more vibrant appearance and more complete flavors and fiber, then you will feel satisfied by your food earlier. If your food isn't appealing, you'll only end up craving more of it in order to find that feeling of satisfaction you're not getting. Food isn't just a matter of looking good. If you don't feel satisfied in some way (flavor/experience/quantity) then you'll get cravings and end up eating more. After all, if you don't like your dinner very much, do you really eat less? Probably not. You may not eat as much of your dinner, but you'll just snack later to make up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
      I would think that it would work more effectively if it worked the other way around. If your food was more appealing with a more vibrant appearance and more complete flavors and fiber, then you will feel satisfied by your food earlier. If your food isn't appealing, you'll only end up craving more of it in order to find that feeling of satisfaction you're not getting. Food isn't just a matter of looking good. If you don't feel satisfied in some way (flavor/experience/quantity) then you'll get cravings and end up eating more. After all, if you don't like your dinner very much, do you really eat less? Probably not. You may not eat as much of your dinner, but you'll just snack later to make up for it.
      Couldn't agree more. Even if the blue-tinted glasses made you eat less, you're not going to be satisfied, you'll just feel hungry and you'll likely end up eating things you shouldn't. A big part of controlling how much you eat is making sure that what you do eat is satisfying.

Comment

I guess that does make sense. My problem is I have a hard time feeling satisfied with what I eat without going overboard, so I was hoping that by finding food a little less appealing that I just would eat less, you know?

Comment

Originally posted by suzieQ View Post
          I guess that does make sense. My problem is I have a hard time feeling satisfied with what I eat without going overboard, so I was hoping that by finding food a little less appealing that I just would eat less, you know?
          I feel like that's short-term thinking. It's better to create a positive relationship with your food so you can enjoy it long-term and still not overdo it. Learn about foods you can eat a lot of without busting your calorie budget. Then, chow down on those before you eat more calorie-dense foods. It's the same idea as having a veggie soup or a salad before you get into the main course. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X