Mentally Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mentally Alert

How can being more mentally alert help with weight loss? I've seen several companies talk about how their pills provide the benefit of being mentally alert and I can't figure out how this is helpful. I mean, I get the whole advantage of having more energy and feeling less tired, but being mentally sharp? How does that cut the pounds?

I've tried pills with caffeine in the ingredients and it does make a difference. I didn't drag, and I stayed mentally alert even though I was cutting back on calories so my energy levels would have been low otherwise. It was like that same feeling I get from a coffee first thing in the morning, only that carried me over through the day up until shortly before dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
      I've tried pills with caffeine in the ingredients and it does make a difference. I didn't drag, and I stayed mentally alert even though I was cutting back on calories so my energy levels would have been low otherwise. It was like that same feeling I get from a coffee first thing in the morning, only that carried me over through the day up until shortly before dinner.
      That's exactly how I feel about it. It just gives me that extra push to get through the day, when I would otherwise feel sluggish. It's amazing how feeling more mentally alert can really help.

Comment

I find it's especially important in the winter. My energy is so low in the winter. Because of that, I'm not alert and willing to exercise as much as I should. I'm also not as alert so i'm not really paying as much attention to what i'm eating after mid-afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          I find it's especially important in the winter. My energy is so low in the winter. Because of that, I'm not alert and willing to exercise as much as I should. I'm also not as alert so i'm not really paying as much attention to what i'm eating after mid-afternoon.
          I agree! It's really hard to get going in the winter. There are fewer sunny days, days are shorter and it's cold...all the things that make you want to curl up in bed haha. I think being mentally alert is one of the best things for dieting because when your mind is active and charged, I find I'm more likely to make better choices and just be active.

Comment

Thanks y'all! I guess that does make a lot of sense. I suppose it's true that when I'm more mentally alert I tend to feel more on my game and more likely to make better decisions or at least know when I'm choosing not to. Cool.
            Last edited by JennyR; 12-30-2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JennyR View Post
              Thanks y'all! I guess that does make a lot of sense. I suppose it's true that when I'm more mentally alert I tend to feel more on my game and more likely to make better decisions or at least know when I'm choosing not to. Cool.
              It's hard to spot that kind of thing though. We tend to think that we eat more because we're hungry, not because we're tired, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

It's hard to spot that kind of thing though. We tend to think that we eat more because we're hungry, not because we're tired, right?
                I agree! We do tend to eat more because we think we're hungry, regardless of whether the reason is we're actually tired or were stressed, or depressed or we're just plain 'ol thristy. That's why it's important to make sure we get a regular night's sleep and stay hydrated so that we know when we do feel hungry we're legitimately hungry LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

I agree! We do tend to eat more because we think we're hungry, regardless of whether the reason is we're actually tired or were stressed, or depressed or we're just plain 'ol thristy. That's why it's important to make sure we get a regular night's sleep and stay hydrated so that we know when we do feel hungry we're legitimately hungry LOL
                  I've found that if I think I'm hungry in the sense that I want to snack, I drink a couple of good sips of water and wait 10 minutes. Half the time, I'll still be hungry, but the other half, I'll forget I was hungry and I just get distracted and do something else.

Comment

Working...
                  X