Should you talk to your doctor first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should you talk to your doctor first?

I know that this is a non-prescription product, but should you talk to your doctor before you take this pill? I thought it would be OK to just take it but my cousin is urging me to go to the doctor and bring it up with him before I take it. I really don't see the point and I hate the hassle involved in going to see him. What would you do?

You should always talk to your doctor before starting a new pill of any kind. Even a dietary supplement. Even exercise videos tell you to talk to your doctor first! I personally didn't do that, I talked to my pharmacist about it. I realize that I should have talked to my doctor, though. I just happened to get lucky and I was just fine with it Tell your cousin that Bethie says they're smart

Comment

If you're not sure if you should talk to your doctor, then you should probably talk to your doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        If you're not sure if you should talk to your doctor, then you should probably talk to your doctor.
        Well said Bean. That's exactly it. If there is any doubt in your mind. Go talk to you doctor.

Comment

Your doctor should be consulted before you change anything. If you read the fine print on pretty much any diet, diet pill, diet book, or weight loss/fitness video, they all tell you to speak with your doctor before starting it. THere's a reason those labels are there. It's so the companies don't end up with lawsuits because a person's individual problems made the product unsafe. You won't know if you're one of those people unless you speak with a professional, first.

Comment

If you don't want to talk to your doctor you could at least talk to your pharmacist.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'll probably consult with my doctor. I know that's always the best thing to do when you are uncertain, I don't even know why I asked the question. I just hate going to the doctor, I guess LOL!

Comment

Good idea, MeSarah. It'll be good to just do it.

Comment

Working...
                X