How is the dosage created?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the dosage created?

What I want to know is how do manufacturers determine what serving size is best for their users. I mean, wouldn't certain people need different dosages based on their size, weight, age, gender?

I think they probably base it on what ingredients are in it and what research there has been on those ingredients. Then they can look at how much the researchers used to be effective but without causing any problems. They probably test the final product out on volunteers or paid participants or something. I guess it probably depends on the company. More reputable ones would work harder than the bad ones. It wouldn't surprise me if there are pills out there where the quantities and doses are chosen based on what the marketers think will sell.If you look at reviews you can start to tell whether or not the manufacturer tried hard enough to make a good pill.

Comment

I think the doses are meant to be interpreted as correct for the average healthy adult. I guess check with your doctor if you're not sure

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
        I think they probably base it on what ingredients are in it and what research there has been on those ingredients. Then they can look at how much the researchers used to be effective but without causing any problems. They probably test the final product out on volunteers or paid participants or something. I guess it probably depends on the company. More reputable ones would work harder than the bad ones. It wouldn't surprise me if there are pills out there where the quantities and doses are chosen based on what the marketers think will sell.If you look at reviews you can start to tell whether or not the manufacturer tried hard enough to make a good pill.
        Thank you for all this brighstar.I will keep this in mind when I consider diet pill products. I guess I'll just have to concentrate more on ensuring a company is reputable than worrying about the dosage since I guess there really is no way of knowing if its the best dosage or not.

Comment

Working...
        X