Allergies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allergies

My allergies are acting up now, always do at this time of year. Is it okay if I combine allergy medication (like an over-the-counter antihistamine) with this diet pill. I know ultimately I should ask my doc or pharmacist, but I'm wondering if anyone else has taken both and been fine?

Originally posted by ChristySmiles View Post
    My allergies are acting up now, always do at this time of year. Is it okay if I combine allergy medication (like an over-the-counter antihistamine) with this diet pill. I know ultimately I should ask my doc or pharmacist, but I'm wondering if anyone else has taken both and been fine?
    Good question. I really would just call/email a pharmacist for this one.

Comment

Just checked. It says on the bottle not to take it if you're taking any other medications. I haven't tried the combination, but honestly, I would have without even thinking about it. I know it's stupid, but I probably would have. I'd have taken my diet pills as usual, then got frustrated probably mid-afternoon with my allergies when they're worst and taken an antihistamine, too, without even considering they can conflict. I really need to do better. I guess, ya, a professional is the best to ask. Maybe by phone is easiest?

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post
        Just checked. It says on the bottle not to take it if you're taking any other medications. I haven't tried the combination, but honestly, I would have without even thinking about it. I know it's stupid, but I probably would have. I'd have taken my diet pills as usual, then got frustrated probably mid-afternoon with my allergies when they're worst and taken an antihistamine, too, without even considering they can conflict. I really need to do better. I guess, ya, a professional is the best to ask. Maybe by phone is easiest?
        Yeah! I would totally have combined them without thinking about it. I was lucky it even occurred to me..I always forget that supplements are a lot more serious than I think. I tend to think of taking them like eating a fruit or vegetable and I don't put them on the same par as drugs. I mean I know they aren't drugs, but they're not necessarily just okay to take with everything either. Gonna give my pharmacist a call. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ChristySmiles View Post

Yeah! I would totally have combined them without thinking about it. I was lucky it even occurred to me..I always forget that supplements are a lot more serious than I think. I tend to think of taking them like eating a fruit or vegetable and I don't put them on the same par as drugs. I mean I know they aren't drugs, but they're not necessarily just okay to take with everything either. Gonna give my pharmacist a call. Thanks!
          That's really true. I'm the same way. I wouldn't even think to combine a natural sleep supplement with a headache pill or whatever. Do I know if that's ok or not, but I'd do it LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post

That's really true. I'm the same way. I wouldn't even think to combine a natural sleep supplement with a headache pill or whatever. Do I know if that's ok or not, but I'd do it LOL
            I think lots of us are guilty for combining things that are no prescription related. It's so easy to think that supplements are safe (as long as you know you're not allergic to any of the ingredients). I could definitely stand to be a little more careful sometimes. I mean, if I had a cold, I would think twice about taking cold medication and a diet pill.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

I think lots of us are guilty for combining things that are no prescription related. It's so easy to think that supplements are safe (as long as you know you're not allergic to any of the ingredients). I could definitely stand to be a little more careful sometimes. I mean, if I had a cold, I would think twice about taking cold medication and a diet pill.
              The key is not to feel guilty about past mistakes made in ignorance. The key is to learn from those mistakes and start to pay attention to the different supplements and medications you're taking as well as the foods - like coffee - which contain drugs - like caffeine. Try keeping as many of them in the same place in your home so you'll start to think of them at the same time.

Comment

Working...
              X