holiday dieting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holiday dieting

The pandemic sucks, but oddly I think this might be the first year that I'll be able to keep up with my weight loss goals, because I don't have family coming over, so there won't be any big dinner or parties or any pressure to eat lots of yummy foods. Anyone else think this year they might have a better shot at staying on track with their weight loss goals?

I feel like a terrible person. My family is insisting on getting together, but I feel scared. I'm nervous for myself, but what if I'm someone who doesn't have symptoms, and I infect everyone I love? I've already started stress eating and I know I need to get back on track. I had been using half as many of my diet pills as recommended on the bottle but I'm going to use the full dose now to try to help me to behave myself. I wish things weren't scary right now.

Comment

My plans are still up in the air for Christmas. I'm having a small family get-together for Thanksgiving. All other christmas parties and things like that have been cancelled. I guess that might make it easier to stay on track as long as I don't let myself get into a baking and eating it all habit LOL

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
        I feel like a terrible person. My family is insisting on getting together, but I feel scared. I'm nervous for myself, but what if I'm someone who doesn't have symptoms, and I infect everyone I love? I've already started stress eating and I know I need to get back on track. I had been using half as many of my diet pills as recommended on the bottle but I'm going to use the full dose now to try to help me to behave myself. I wish things weren't scary right now.
        I'm sorry you're going through this. I chose to cancel with my family. It was a hard decision, but one that we all felt was right. it's always easier when everyone is on the same page. When the people you love insist on getting together it can be really difficult to tell them how you feel without hurting their feelings or having them make you feel guilty. I hope that you can express how you feel to your family and they'll understand. I hope you get back on track like you want, but if you don't, I hope you don't give yourself a hard time either. Things are hard right now. It's important to be good to yourself! *hugs*
        Last edited by suzieQ; 12-01-2020, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
          My plans are still up in the air for Christmas. I'm having a small family get-together for Thanksgiving. All other christmas parties and things like that have been cancelled. I guess that might make it easier to stay on track as long as I don't let myself get into a baking and eating it all habit LOL
          hahah! I feel the same. I'm also going to be having a very low key christmas this year, just like I did for Thanksgiving. That said, I think I might actually end up eating more this year than ever before! Without all the extra socialization, eating yummy food and watching christmas movies is the next best thing

Comment

Originally posted by BabyButtons View Post

hahah! I feel the same. I'm also going to be having a very low key christmas this year, just like I did for Thanksgiving. That said, I think I might actually end up eating more this year than ever before! Without all the extra socialization, eating yummy food and watching christmas movies is the next best thing
            I think that's a wonderful idea. We do what we can to keep ourselves and loved ones safe this year and if celebrating means some more sweet treats and heavy meals, that's ok. I'm going to avoid too much alcohol, because that's just doing more harm than good but I'm not going to punish myself for a few gained pounds in exchange for the wellness of my loved ones and anyone I come in contact with.

Comment

Originally posted by enviroTodd View Post

I think that's a wonderful idea. We do what we can to keep ourselves and loved ones safe this year and if celebrating means some more sweet treats and heavy meals, that's ok. I'm going to avoid too much alcohol, because that's just doing more harm than good but I'm not going to punish myself for a few gained pounds in exchange for the wellness of my loved ones and anyone I come in contact with.
              That's exactly it! We can all stand to be a little kinder to ourselves this holiday season. And you're right about alcohol! I'm also someone who tends to feel the bad effects of it. It sorta feels good at the time but then after it just makes me feel more depressed if I'm already feeling that way!!

Comment

Of all the years we should not be depriving ourselves, this one is the top.

Comment

Working...
                X