Is walking enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is walking enough?

To use phenblue to its best, it says on the package that you have to exercise and eat right. I know what I’m doing in terms of eating, but is walking every day enough for exercise, or does it require something more intense, like joining a gym?

It is for your cardio. If you really want to lose a lot of weight, though, and be healthy too. you should take a couple of days off cardio and do flexibility or strength exercises, woo

Comment

Sure! As long as you love it. Walking is a great way to get your cardio in

Comment

Walking - especially a good walk - should be enough. The only time you really need to enhance your exercise is if you want to lose more weight instead of maintaining or if you want to tone your body. Other than that, walking should be fine.

Comment

I say walking is enough. It's better to do what you like and what you know you can stick to brightstar. You might not lose as much weight or as fast, but it is better to engage in activities that you can commit to than to join a gym and start taking part in exercises that won't last. In other words, it's better to do something that you know you can do than to trick yourself into thinking you'll do something you know you won't stick to deep down. Do what you know will work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JennyR View Post
            It's better to do what you like and what you know you can stick to brightstar.
            That's a really good point. If you know that you can stick to it, then it is better than some sort of ideal workout that you won't keep up.

Even if you love it now, you can switch it up, later, if you find that it's not as appealing over time. But if you genuinely love walking, then it is a wonderful workout to keep in your exercise mix.

Comment

If you change up your walking route and find places that provide more/less challenge like hills, for example, it will help to keep things interesting.

Comment

Walking is enough for me. I do the occasional other exercise for building and strengthening muscles, but walking is what I like best.

Comment

TracyK you make a good point. Even if you walk all the time because that's what you can keep up with, it's still a good idea to do strength exercises and flexibility. So you can really benefit from mixing in some pilates if you like that.

Comment

Working...
                  X