How do you keep things interesting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you keep things interesting?

I find that Phenblue is working great but because of that, I have started to slack on trying hard because in my head I just want to rely on the pill. How can I keep myself interested?

Set yourself some small goals. When you achieve them you will feel proud of yourself and motivated to take on more challenges. Also, when it comes to eating, I have found that one of the ways I keep myself interested in eating healthy is I've learned new recipes and researched different ethnic cuisines. Part of keeping yourself interested is to learn and try things that are new.

Comment

Use TeensyTiff's technique and use it to "earn" the things you want. Do you want to go out with your friends on Thursday night? Then you need to reach a certain goal by Wednesday, like never straying from your workout routine.

Comment

Originally posted by PamelaPoison View Post
        Use TeensyTiff's technique and use it to "earn" the things you want. Do you want to go out with your friends on Thursday night? Then you need to reach a certain goal by Wednesday, like never straying from your workout routine.

That's a great ideal PamelaPoision. It is very important to have something to look forward to, but to apply discipline to that goal. If you do not reach your goals than you need to have the self-control to deny yourself what you want, that way, you will be more likely to work harder the next time. Equally, when you reward yourself for a goal you get the double benefit of feeling proud of yourself for accomplishing something and the joy of the reward. It's a win-win!

Comment

Give yourself daily, weekly, and monthly goals. Always have somethign that you are striving to accomplish. That way, you won't get complacent

Comment

Get a bunch of friends who will work out with you. Even if you only work out with them once per week, it means a different experience every time.

Comment

Originally posted by 2strikes View Post
              Get a bunch of friends who will work out with you. Even if you only work out with them once per week, it means a different experience every time.

I agree with 2strikes. Personally, I always do way better with my workout and exercise goals when I'm social about it. I have a way harder time convincing myself to get moving when I'm the only one motivating me. It is always easier when you're not going at it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlotte View Post

I agree with 2strikes. Personally, I always do way better with my workout and exercise goals when I'm social about it. I have a way harder time convincing myself to get moving when I'm the only one motivating me. It is always easier when you're not going at it alone.
                Me too! I would be willing to bail on myself way sooner than I would bail on a friend. If I say that I am going to be there to walk or go to the gym, then I'll be there for a friend. When it's just for me...meh LOL

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post

Me too! I would be willing to bail on myself way sooner than I would bail on a friend. If I say that I am going to be there to walk or go to the gym, then I'll be there for a friend. When it's just for me...meh LOL
                  You all sound like really good friends. I hope that I could truthfully say the same thing. I've never really thought about it all that much. I should get a walking buddy and see if my motivation goes up!

Comment

Originally posted by Bethie View Post

You all sound like really good friends. I hope that I could truthfully say the same thing. I've never really thought about it all that much. I should get a walking buddy and see if my motivation goes up!

Exercising with others really does drive up motivation. Want to be my walking buddy

Comment

LOL I’d love to be your walking buddy, Speedemon. But I bet that you walk a lot faster than I do and I imagine that we don’t live anywhere near each other. Maybe when those smartwatches become popular we can put a video messenger on and walk together remotely. That would actually probably be a lot of fun except it would be weird walking along as fast as I could go, talking to my wrist haha.

Comment

LOL! That's a clever idea. I've wanted a reason to buy a smartwatch, that's a good one. Oh, and I'd love to tell you that I'd walk circles around you, but I'm not that fast of a walker. One of my goals once the weather gets nicer is to start walking again so I can build up my strength and improve my speed. Maybe we can race via smartwatch hahah.

Comment

Originally posted by Speeddemon View Post
                          LOL! That's a clever idea. I've wanted a reason to buy a smartwatch, that's a good one. Oh, and I'd love to tell you that I'd walk circles around you, but I'm not that fast of a walker. One of my goals once the weather gets nicer is to start walking again so I can build up my strength and improve my speed. Maybe we can race via smartwatch hahah.
                          It sounds funny but I can actually see that becoming a thing. I can see people using trackers to actually compete with each other. I know that I’d instantly compete with myself so a social bit would probably help to be pretty motivational. Maybe we should create an app for that before someone else gets on it haha.

Comment

Yes and we can sell it with those snacks we were going to create...I forget what that was about. Wasn't it something like fast nutritious snacks that don't taste bad or something like that LOL. I think we're going to be the ones to come up with something revolutionary Bethie that gets the whole world in shape

Comment

LOL I forgot about those snacks, Speeddemon. You have a really good memory. And you always seem to find a way to turn our own weight loss into some sort of bigger money making opportunity. You’re so funny!

Comment

Working...
                              X