make yourself cold to lose weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make yourself cold to lose weight

I read that there are studies saying that if you make yourself cold a lot you burn more fat because your body is forced to make heat. So if you take cold showers, sleep with a cold room and no blankets and generally try to keep cold can you lose weight without really doing much else?

I think trying to make yourself cold all the time would be harder and unhealthier

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post
      I think trying to make yourself cold all the time would be harder and unhealthier
      I agree. Being cold all the time won't be good for you and will be very uncomfortable. Have you ever tried to sleep when you're really cold? It doesn't work well, just like it doesn't if you're super-hot. You'll ruin your sleep if you do that and you'll just be tense and uncomfortable all the time. If anything, I can see being cold all the time increasing your stress levels, which is also likely to make you crave more fat, warm foods and junk for comfort and because you're tired.

Comment

No offence, but that is one of the stupidest things I've heard. Making yourself cold might help you burn more fat but at what cost to your health? If you're making your body have to burn energy to keep you warm, imagine the amount of unnecessary stress this is also placing on your vital organs. This makes about as much sense as starving yourself to lose weight.

Comment

I think that being cold might help you burn more fat - enough to lose weight, I don't know. But if you're like me, then when you're cold, you crave heavier foods, sugary hot drinks and other things that derail a diet. I'm cold all winter long and that's when I gain the most weight! I consider myself lucky it's summer when I'm willing to eat salads 😂

Comment

Originally posted by brightstar View Post
            I think that being cold might help you burn more fat - enough to lose weight, I don't know. But if you're like me, then when you're cold, you crave heavier foods, sugary hot drinks and other things that derail a diet. I'm cold all winter long and that's when I gain the most weight! I consider myself lucky it's summer when I'm willing to eat salads 😂
            I completely agree brightstar! I want way more stuff that's high in fat when I feel cold. If I made myself cold all the time I wouldn't fit through my door haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post

I completely agree brightstar! I want way more stuff that's high in fat when I feel cold. If I made myself cold all the time I wouldn't fit through my door haha!
              LOL I agree, too!

Comment

Working...
              X