Smoothing out the rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoothing out the rolls

I have to attend a nice function in a few weeks and I have to wear something fancy and I don't want any of my stomach roles to show. What should I wear? Is it better to wear something baggy or flowy or should I wear a girdle or spanx or something? If I can, I'd l like to be somewhat comfortable but at the same time I want to look good and will be willing to sacrifice a bit of comfort for it.

The key here is to look for a stiffer fabric. Stay away from rayon, silk, satin and other fabrics that sink into every curve. A good test I like to do is lay the fabric over my hand. If I can see every finger through it, I know it will show every roll, pucker and dimple on my body. Stiffer fabrics that are form following (not stuck right to your skin) will give you the straightest lines and nicest shape.

Comment

Originally posted by KittyKatt View Post
      The key here is to look for a stiffer fabric. Stay away from rayon, silk, satin and other fabrics that sink into every curve. A good test I like to do is lay the fabric over my hand. If I can see every finger through it, I know it will show every roll, pucker and dimple on my body. Stiffer fabrics that are form following (not stuck right to your skin) will give you the straightest lines and nicest shape.
      This is great advice KittyKatt! I've never tried that test before but you can bet that I will from now on. I've also had a problem with rolls showing and haven't figured out to combat the issue without wearing really really uncomfortable clothes that make me feel miserable! You're a life saver

Comment

Great tips! I'd also say taht it's important to pay attention to where the waist of your clothing is on your body. If you don't want to look like you have rolls, throw out everything you own that is low rise.Your entire silhouette will change for the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          Great tips! I'd also say taht it's important to pay attention to where the waist of your clothing is on your body. If you don't want to look like you have rolls, throw out everything you own that is low rise.Your entire silhouette will change for the better.
          Oh god low-rise. I HATE low-rise. Whoever thought that this look would be good for anyone? Honestly, it doesn't matter what shape or size you are or how old you are...these pants look bad on everyone! Hahha...all that being said, I agree with you Bean haha

Comment

Thank you for these great tips! KittyKatt what you said was golden. I didn't think about that As for you Bean, you really nailed it. All that low-rise stiff is a serious no-no, especially if you have a muffin top!!

Comment

Working...
            X