How to know if website photos are real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to know if website photos are real

It’s clear to me that websites are using fake photos as their before and after images. A lot of them do have a little disclaimer that admits it. But how do you know if the images that don’t have “fine print” are real? Are any trustworthy?

That's a good question, Bonnie. To be honest, I don't think there is any way to know for certain that what you are seeing is real. Personally, when I look at these photos, I try to look for similarities between them that have nothing to do with the person's weight. Certain defining characteristics like moles, eye shape, etc. Essentially anything that won't change regardless of how much weight they lose. I also tend to judge whether or not I believe it's logically possible for a person to lose the amount of weight that they claimed they lost over a short period of time and look as toned as they do. I mean, you can drop weight fast, but if you were extremely overweight to begin with, losing fat doesn't mean your flappy skin will go away, that takes a lot of toning and toning takes time. No one who loses extreme weight in a month is going to look like a supermodel by the end of it. The only before and after photos I truly trust are the ones I take of myself or the ones that my family or friends have shown me of themselves.

Comment

There really is no way to tell if they are real or not. Even companies considered to be reputable will post attractive pictures, and not necessarily true pictures, to obtain the right attention. I wouldn’t base buying any product on B&A photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony1968 View Post
        There really is no way to tell if they are real or not. Even companies considered to be reputable will post attractive pictures, and not necessarily true pictures, to obtain the right attention. I wouldn’t base buying any product on B&A photos.
        That's really good advice. It's way better to just do your own research, read words, and check studies whenever possible.

Comment

It's really true. You can't trust the pictures on anything anymore, though, not just before and afters. I wonder when the last time was that there was a picture in a magazine that PhotoShop didn't alter!

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlybird View Post
            It's really true. You can't trust the pictures on anything anymore, though, not just before and afters. I wonder when the last time was that there was a picture in a magazine that PhotoShop didn't alter!
            That's so true Whirlybird! Why does everyone in a magazine look so plastic!! I mean, how do these people not have pores on their faces??

Comment

Working...
            X