The new black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new black

I want to look better in photos but I am tired of wearing black. I feel like I’m going to funerals or something. What other colors do well for being slimming in pictures?

My recommendations are navy blue and teal. Those colors tend to look good on everyone. Avoid white. I find every time I wear it I just look like a giant marshmallow lol!

Comment

Dark colors are good. Avoid light shades and anything with horizontal stripes. I would recommend wearing dark colors like black, navy blue, eggplant, hunter green, etc. on the part of your body where you are the biggest and want to hide your weight. You can wear lighter shades on the parts of your body where you want to draw people's attention. Also, keep in mind it's not just the color that is important in terms of slimming you down, but also the cut of the clothing. For instance, if you want to hide tummy roles, don't wear clothing that is skin tight to your form. For instance, I personally like shirts that have ruching (pleats or gathering) in the front. I find it hides the parts of me I don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by suzieQ View Post
        My recommendations are navy blue and teal. Those colors tend to look good on everyone. Avoid white. I find every time I wear it I just look like a giant marshmallow lol!
        SuzieQ is right, teal and navy blue really do look awesome on everyone. You also might want to find out which particular colours and shades suit your complexion. I have very very fair skin and find I look best in blues and purples, particularly the darker shades. Although green looks nice on me too, I typically avoid it because it can sometimes bring out the redness in my skin. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X