Pictures are working against me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures are working against me.

I've decided not to take pictures to try to track my progress. I find that I end up just judging myself. I'm actually specifically taking the time to see where I don't like how I look. The point was to track my progress, but now I'm just seeing where I'm not liking myself. I'll keep going with numbers - measurements and on the scale - because looking at myself is damaging, I think.

Originally posted by ChefMel View Post
    I've decided not to take pictures to try to track my progress. I find that I end up just judging myself. I'm actually specifically taking the time to see where I don't like how I look. The point was to track my progress, but now I'm just seeing where I'm not liking myself. I'll keep going with numbers - measurements and on the scale - because looking at myself is damaging, I think.
    I support your choice ChefMel and think this is really smart of you. If pictures are making you feel bad about yourself then they aren't a helpful tool. It's important to have a healthy and happy body image for weight loss. I actually stopped taking pictures a long time ago for the same reasons, and I'm a lot happier about it and find that I'm far better with weight loss without the pictures for progress tracking. I hope it will be the same for you.

Comment

Having a healthy body image is so, so important. ChefMel if pictures aren't working for you, I think it's really smart of you to choose something else instead. Best of luck

Comment

It's sad that this is what we do to ourselves. We make these great efforts and take pictures to show ourselves how far we've come, and all we can do is beat ourselves up over what we see. Heartbreaking.

Comment

Everybody has tools that work for them and ones that don't.

Comment

Working...
          X